Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
안녕하세요!
xzeik Wrote:I am half-Mexican, half-Caucasian... but I have been obsessed with Korean culture, music and dramas for going on 11 years now. My first friend in the whole word (I met her when we were 6y/o) is half-Korean. Her mom used to teach us how to speak, write and even cook. Everytime I see her she tells me that even though I am Latino, I become more and more of a Korean person. ;>

Ok, nice ! Smile
It's on my list of countries I want to visit. Wink

xzeik Wrote:I am half-Mexican, half-Caucasian... but I have been obsessed with Korean culture, music and dramas for going on 11 years now. My first friend in the whole word (I met her when we were 6y/o) is half-Korean. Her mom used to teach us how to speak, write and even cook. Everytime I see her she tells me that even though I am Latino, I become more and more of a Korean person. ;>

From one half-breed to another, welcome to GS, sir...Confusedmile:

so, have your fun meeting all of us..

personally, I find it amazing when people learn foreign languages not native to them

for me English was a must, but I did enjoy some Greek and Latin lesson I had in college..

oh, and the half-breed part of mine is obviously the typical Spaniard/Amerindian mix....with some German, Irish and Italian gettin in....call me a genetic cauldron..

Wavey make yourself at home!

Ekwarph Wrote:Ok, nice ! Smile
It's on my list of countries I want to visit. Wink

Oh, yeah... Me too. One of my dreams is to visit Seoul and attend a K-pop concert. I refuse to die until I get that chance. ;>

southbiochem Wrote:From one half-breed to another, welcome to GS, sir...Confusedmile:

so, have your fun meeting all of us..

personally, I find it amazing when people learn foreign languages not native to them

for me English was a must, but I did enjoy some Greek and Latin lesson I had in college..

oh, and the half-breed part of mine is obviously the typical Spaniard/Amerindian mix....with some German, Irish and Italian gettin in....call me a genetic cauldron..

Wavey make yourself at home!

Well, thank you, fellow half-breed!

I absolutely live for foreign language. I never had an interest in Spanish (I wasn't raised around the Mexican side of my family), but I have been learning French for years, both formally and self-teaching... Besides English, French is my second best language. After that, I am alright at Korean and I used to learn Chinese for my (ex) Chinese boyfriend of 4 years. I took German concurrently with French in high school and studied Japanese in college, but neither of them stuck very well as I wasn't too interested in them. I would love to (attempt) to learn Arabic and/or Norwegian.

Like I said, I'm half-Mexican... The rest of my... caucasian-ness consists of English, German, Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Norwegian. I'm kind of a genetic cauldron myself. Not very exotic, but definitely different. ;p

Welcome! Big Grin

Yo, welcome to the forum

~<edit>~

double post. ):

Hurro
Welcome
To
Gayspeak
:3

Hiiii~ & thank you... ;>

I have a question, though. I've been trying to reply to this post for awhile, but every time I post what I want to say, it says that it needs to be reviewed by a moderator first, yet they've still not been showing up... Am I missing something? Like some forbidden word or something of the sort? I hadn't used any profanity and I'd say the posts are pretty much age-friendly.

xzeik Wrote:Hiiii~ & thank you... ;>

I have a question, though. I've been trying to reply to this post for awhile, but every time I post what I want to say, it says that it needs to be reviewed by a moderator first, yet they've still not been showing up... Am I missing something? Like some forbidden word or something of the sort? I hadn't used any profanity and I'd say the posts are pretty much age-friendly.

No worries xzeik, it happens to all folks under 50 posts, they get randomly moderated. Once you hit 50, it doesn't happen anymore..

usually the moderated posts appear within a day or so

cheers, glad to have you here Confusedmile:

Ahh, alright. Well, I'm working my way up to 50 posts... almost there~

& thank you guys. You're very welcoming and when I have questions, they're quickly answered! ;D

I think I will enjoy my stay here.