Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my aunt mimiT_T
drocko17 Wrote:i admit that was rude, i apologize
you are perfectly able to ignore my comments anyways, you know my opinion towards religion, it happened absolutely the same in the other thread
but im sorry of you felt offended, i guess my commentary was a bit unfair and not at all proper

well, from the very beginning you HAVE NOT to give too much important to what your aunt says if you know she's muslim, agree with ryan. muslims and christians have horrible views towards gays and there's no point in listening to them if what you really want is to be true to yourself. believe me, when you manage to be strong with your gay identity and stand up for your thoughts, you'll certainly know how to 'look at' those commentaries from religious people.
just look at those videos here about gays in iran, or listen to ryan's story about his teacher...
thanx pedro.
p.s.
how did you reply to two different parts of my comment?

xD I know that feeling... both my parents are mormons, and I came out last year... I swear, there was proof of spontaneous combustion.

But anyhoo, I'm really getting sick of religious folks being so biased about gay folk... it doesn't make sense, it's (I'm pretty sure) just because of the fact that (most) gays don't reproduce naturally. Therefore, it must be evil, because it's not creating more sheep to follow whatever we spew out (no offense to anyone).

and that's my two cents... religious folks should just get a clue...
"We're here, we're queer, get used to it already!" (lol, simpsons...)

Although this is obviously a very well-trodden thread, I thought I'd add my two penneth, which is basically just to echo what's already been said ...

Dogmatically following a religion seems to bring some level of fulfilment and happiness to the people that allow themselves to so overwhelmingly lose themselves to it they attain this weird sense of belonging, which I think is fine - if that's what they want to do ...

... but to then try and impose those newly-picked-up values onto other people like "now that I'm (religion x) that means I'm right, and so YOUUUUUUU my little beauties are all going to burn in hell FOREVER unless you adopt my religion forthwith" is both crass, rude, and REMARKABLY stupid !

At the end of the day any religion is just a system of beliefs ... so whilst a Muslim might believe I, as a homosexual, am going to burn in hell for my CHOICE (which, by the way, ISN'T a choice, but let's not get into that) of lifestyle ? I believe that God will pity THEM for being so filled with hate towards me and my brothers ...

*sigh*

Like so many circular arguments, it just goes ooon and ooon and ooon. I don't mind arguing the toss, but it really gets to me when you see (or hear) about people being beaten, robbed or worse simply because of the way they were born, and that applies across the board, whether you're gay, straight, black, white, foreign, local, whatever - it just shouldn't be that way y'know ??

Anyhow - onto happier topics for me now Smile

Bighug everybody

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

xx