Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
/:
So i came out to my mom, sorta.
I told her that i wish i was a boy cos i felt like one.
she said she didnt understand but she cant stop me from living the way i want to.
she let me get my hair cut and she doesnt really bother me about my clothing.
the only thing is, i feel like im disapointing her and embarrassing her.
she keeps calling me by my birthname and female pronouns.
she sorta ignores the fact that i told her how i felt. she pretends like i never said anything.

also. she made a comment that really hurt me. idk if im being over dramatic but it hurt.
i was in the clothing store with her while she got her stuff and my friend works in that department so i said hello and talked with her.
my friend said "oh so your getting some girls clothes" and i joked with her saying somethihg like "yea i'm getting this dress i think it brings out my eyes" and my mom...
OMG.. she was like "i wish you'd wear stuff like that".

that absolutly hurt me...

/:
hmm... Question.
what are the requirements to start T?
and what are the requirements to get the F turned into an M on my leagle documents?

Well as for your mother, think of it this way: you've got to imagine that it's gonna be pretty hard to start thinking of the "girl" she raised for 16 years (assuming she's been reasonably involved in your upbringing, I don't know your situation) in terms of male pronouns and a male name, if you've told her of a name you've adopted. How much time have you given her to noodle on the idea? And how much of your situation have you told her exactly? She may assume it's just a phase you're going through, even if it isn't.

As for the procedures of physically and legally changing your sex, I'll leave that to someone more knowledgeable in the topic, with the caveat that I'd wait until I was absolutely 100% sure if I were in your situation, because I can only imagine it's a monumental change to make physically, mentally, socially etc.

I'm not sure about your last questions (though I'm sure a quick google would help) but regarding the disappointment: We should all remember that if any of our parents are disappointed, it's not in us - it's because they don't understand us. For many of us, it's been a struggle to accept ourselves because we were taught what was "normal." Our parents and others close to us also were often taught things, often as part of religion etc. And so even when they love us, they don't always realize it's not a choice and fear we're making the wrong choice. Even if they get that under their hat, they worry because they fear it'll be harder for us to meet someone or fear we'll end up facing too much prejudice, because they've seen a lot of prejudice in their life. Thankfully things are getting better for us, and a lot of parents come around with time. But it's nothing you should feel bad about, because all it really means is she cares and wants you to have a happy life - she just doesn't yet realize that this is the life you'll be happy in. Hopefully she will sooner than later.