Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.5% of Brits gay or bi
Ahead of next year's census, if it's still going ahead, we've just had what amounts to one of the largest surveys in the UK. Extrapolating the figures the stat-folk have come up with a figure that shows that just 1.5% of the population identify as gay or bi. This is considerably less than the 6% figure used in planning local government services a few years ago. I'm rarer than I thought. I hope I am not an endangered species. Even more depressingly 79% of the population seem to admit to a religious affiliation. So much for the secular wasteland caricatured during the pope's recent visit. We've obviously got a long way to go Wink

1.5% of Britons say they are gay or bisexual, ONS survey finds | World news | guardian.co.uk

pity ... Much less than what I learned ... I was at 6 -10% ... aah I know ... The Germans are perhaps more gay as Brits * G ... You know .... a cold island.. raining... foggy.. now one feels well to be gay... only the strongest Winknudge

4% Didn't know, described themselves as other or refused to answer. This was an interview survey, I generally don't believe what people say to a woman with a clipboard.

Also Marshy, as an older gay man according to the survey you are a rarity, indeed.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Yah I read that in the newspaper today, was REALLY surprised :O

Just another survey, how many answered with the truth? Since more people would be Bi then gay, the figures seem the wrong way round for a start. How was the survey undertaken, postal, phone or direct interview, and each one would have given a different result.

fredv3b Wrote:... Also Marshy, as an older gay man according to the survey you are a rarity, indeed.
With an ageing population too :confused:

how did it now.no one asked me. ee funny!

joseph Wrote:how did it now.no one asked me. ee funny!
Confusedmile: :biggrin: Confusedmile: :biggrin: Confusedmile: :biggrin: Confusedmile: :biggrin: Confusedmile: :biggrin:

Very funny, Joseph!!

That is quite an interesting statistic. I wonder which country has the most gay/bi sexual people.

Cutieboy Wrote:That is quite an interesting statistic. I wonder which country has the most gay/bi sexual people.
I guess that would be China?