Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Year Anniversary Trip Ideas of where to go?
So if I ever have a boyfriend for a Year again I want to do something special for our 1yr anniversary mark.
I know the chances aren't great of having a boyfriend again for a year with the gay divorce/break up rate being really high lol.

But I was thinking about taking him to Honolulu.
Am also gathering other alternative ideas besides Honolulu.

Why Honolulu? Beautiful, Liberal, has gay community/open to gays, walk down the beach in shorts almost any time of the year. Romantic. Also you don't get the humidity like you do in Florida. Plus I think it would be cheaper to go to Honolulu than Florida from hear lol.
And if a guy is compatible with me he won't have any problems going lol.

So where are other good places to go and why?

Oh and he won't have any idea of what's going on lol. I'll secretly save the money and when it's time break the news lol. Would love to do it actually on our anniversary, but can wait til afterwards if he needs to wait for the time off, etc.

This might not be ideal because it's winter -- and I don't know about your budget (or if you guys have passports) -- but you can't get much more romantic than Paris.
If you want tropical (like Honolulu) I think Barbados is gorgeous (I was there about 5 years ago).
If you're into skiing or just like a mountain atmosphere, Aspen, Colorado is lovely.

That's why I like the Honolulu idea, because it's warm almost year round there. Like when I was a kid we went to Honolulu once in the winter. It's been probably 15yrs or so now, but it was warm lol. Like wearing shorts and teashirt warm and going swimming in the ocean warm lol.

Plus I'd like to stick in the US to make it cheaper. I could do Hawaii for about $1500 for 2 people (and that's with a really nice hotel lol), tried pricing for $1000 but $1500 min lol.

Never been outside the US. If you like Colorado you'd probably love Montana lol.

Unless there's a spot that he's attached to I'd like to stick with the tropical beach idea so we can almost go anytime and have it be warm & beautiful, fun, etc. lol.

A cruise in the Caribbean would be nice idea

Untraceable726 Wrote:A cruise in the Caribbean would be nice idea

Hmm...That would be nice, haven't thought of that one before lol. Don't know how much time I'll have to be able to get him away from his job for a few days lol. In the future that is lol.