Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 year and cold feet.
[MENTION=22948]TigerLover[/MENTION]

"You don't miss your water till the well runs dry"

That is the truth, but who hears that a couple took a break and then after a few weeks succesfully got back together without any problems? One takes a break to miss the things that he takes for granted, while the other takes a break because that's his chance to sleep with others without being accused of cheating, like Ross Gellar said "WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!"

Plus if you have a lot of missery with your partner and decide to take a break with the intention to get back together after a week or 2 it can really backfire, because your partner might think "these last 2 weeks was so relaxing, I'd like to keep it this way #SingleLife4Ever "

So yeah, I'm against taking breaks, either break up or find a better way to both solve the problem. In my case it's a break up, because I've tried so many ways to fix our problems, and then I realized, I'm the only one here trying.

If it feels like a vacation to be away from your partner, then perhaps it isn't going to work. Just depends on the problem. It might be the right thing and then again it might be "right" thing to do. Can't say I have been in a relationship where he or I are like let's take a break.

Does make me think about some other things between me and a friend of mine, at least I hope I can still say "friend of mine" in the near future.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Jonathan Wrote:Ok so I feel like I put my life on here. But I get great advice and you guys are great on this forum. Anyway.

So my boyfriend and I have been together a year. He is a great guy. Treats me well. We are coming up on our year and I'm getting cold feet. At the beginning and through until this last 3 months or so i was crazy in love with him. Now. I don't know I just am not anymore. Basically from becoming a couple last year we have spent every night together for the most part. Which I think is part of the issue. He kind of let himself go physically. Another issue is hr is young. I'm only 25 but he just turned 21. I'm working on a career and his parents pay for everything while he is in college. I do love him and care for him. . But I almost miss being single and feel like I want to step back. Is this normal? I feel like none of my relationships last and I know it is me. Anyway. Some advice on what I should do or just words of wisdom.

So, what has been your longest relationship until now?

What is it you miss about being single?

My fiance and I have been together for almost 2 years now. We always have time away from each other, whether it's him going to visit friends and family in another city by himself, or me just vegging out and playing video games or reading a book for an hour. Me time is important in any relationship.

Why do you think your relationships don't last? You "know it is me," but don't elaborate as to what it is or why you think that.

You should also know that the lusty/crazy in love feeling can fade over time, no matter who you are with. Part of the evolution of a relationship.