Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 killerPC upgrades that are cheap
It's odd that there is no specific thread for technology so this has to go in to Chit-Chat

Getting better performance doesn't have to cost a fortune.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3105840/h...tml#slide5
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Probably the biggest impact will be (unless your PC is really old) will be to add a Solid State Drive, then RAM and the rest of it. Honestly though If your computer is more than 5 years old it is probably time to kick it to the curb. Even though these upgrades may be sub $100 you have to factor in how much life is left in the hardware. Most of your major manufactures dish out garbage computers for the most part and I've seen computers less than a year old let out the magic smoke, while I've seen old Gateway computers last over 12 years. Unless you are a PC enthusiast I wouldn't put much more than a SSD and more memory, if not just build a new computer.

I would definitely suggest those who are wanting to upgrade their computers to reach out to us nerds, there's a few of us on here.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!