Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 Adjectives
Ok since things are a little quiet, how's about we play a game ? A game of 12 adjectives.

Pick 3 positive and 3 negative adjectives to describe yourself, and then pick 3 positive and 3 negative adjectives that you honestly believe your friends would pick to describe you ...

For example

I would say :-

3 Positive Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- Considerate, Intelligent, Wise.
3 Negative Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- Afraid, Insecure, Shy.

3 Positive Adjectives my mates might pick :- Generous, Punctual, Friendly.
3 Negative Adjectives my mates might pick :- Stubborn, Pushover, Self-destructive.

Since you'll have to stop and think about the adjectives you pick (it's taken me 5 minutes or so to come up with those), odds are you might be able to do a bit of reflecting on both the good AND the bad in you, and thereby identify things you could perhaps do to your betterment.

That's the idea at any rate Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

fun game

3 Positive Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- quick-witted, romantic, imaginative
3 Negative Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- absent-minded, over-reflexive, lazy

3 Positive Adjectives my mates might pick :- funny, diplomatic, open-minded
3 Negative Adjectives my mates might pick :- insecure, forgetful, unbalanced

For me :

3 Positive Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- Generous, Kind, fair.
3 Negative Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- Anxious, naive, Obstinate.

3 Positive Adjectives my mates might pick :- Patient, Soft, Respectful.
3 Negative Adjectives my mates might pick :- Secret, grumpy, independant.

Biggthumpup

ok,
3positive that i would say-funny, sexy, cute.
3negetive-shy(at times), insecure, unfashionable.:frown:

3posotive friends would say-SEXY, funny, fun to hang out with.
3negetive-sleepy(sleeping's a hobby of mine), has an atitude, potty-mouth.

actualy, for my friends, it would depend on which friend it was coming from.Rolleyes

thats a good game... not easy though , it took me a lot of thinking to come with these:

3 Positive Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- Innovative, strong, loving
3 Negative Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- Shy, dedicated procrastinator, Insecure.

3 Positive Adjectives my mates might pick :- Dependable, fun, genuine
3 Negative Adjectives my mates might pick :- Rebellious, loner, over thinker

Ok, I'll play......

3 Positives: Attractive, fun, smart
3 Negatives: Attractive, lazy, stubborn

3 Positives: Attractive, Outgoing, loving,
3 Negatives: Sarcastic, timid, unreachable

I think the 3 negatives from friends is most difficult. I decided to go out on a limb and ask Fred as well since he was sitting across from me and see how well I did. We had a problme breaking it down to single words...But off the top of his head....

3 Positive: Good looking, outgoing, loving
3 negative: loud, unwilling to accept criticism, becomes the center of attention

*By the way, I had no problem hearing his criticisms....just that he was wrong ;-)

LOL

Ok...an offshoot. See whether you agree or disagree with me.

After playing this with Fred, I think that all our friends would/might tend to agree with our positive perceptions, while their negatives tend to be more person specific...meaning just as much to do with them as a person as with us.

Example: Fred comes from a very controlled, reserved family. As is he. One person speaks while everyone sits watching them, and when they are finnished, the next person goes...(or not) He finds my outgoing personality often overbearing....while other friends of mine who have more outgoing personalities find this engaging and a "foil" for their own ideas and conversations.

If I'm not talking we can sit for hours without anyone saying a word (His family). My family hasn't gone without saying a word for....well, never!

So each of our positives, but especially our negatives, might be more person specific dealing as much to do with their positives and negatives as our own.

How then de we really know?

Jeez... I hate doing these things...

3 Positive Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- Considerate, Intelligent, Punctual
3 Negative Adjectives I'd pick for myself :- Introverted, Insecure, Shy.

3 Positive Adjectives my mates might pick :- Respectful, Fun, Friendly.
3 Negative Adjectives my mates might pick :- Hermit, Quiet, Shy.

What i get for sure Michael is that you are attractive Xyxthumbs

You cant really know what other people will see as negative (or possitive) in you because i think each one of us will judge from our own standards. If Fred has a quiet personality then its normal you be an extrovert (which i see as chatty, energetic, outgoing) makes you seem too loud. Its only logical that the extrovert will steal everyone's attention. The introvert personalities will be better in to one to one conversation rather in a big crowd.

It's also difficult and not accurate to come with one or two words to describe a trait of a personality , its not as straight forward as this there are variables need to take into consideration. i.e. one is like 'that' under 'these' circumstances.

Personally when i chose these adjectives to describe how people perceive me i tried to think what my 5 best friends will say and i am pretty sure they would say i am rebellious but other friends would say i am a goody-goody. I am both! Variables kick in here.

PLUS.........

After the original post (and several hours) I came up with better adjectives for the same trait that better describes what I was thinking about. Like that "what I should have told that dumb ass..." after you get in an arguement on the street. But I tried to do a list off the top of my head and be honest...which also maybe over simplifies.

And that's exactly what I meant. One mans fault is another mans ..glory. Depending on their personality as much as yours. So while I think our better traits might often be recognised by most, our negatives will very greatly depending on who we are asking...and even how we perceive ourselves...often way off base.

As for the attractive part.....(less to do with me and more to do with my parents)...a blessing most times but occasionaly a curse.

Funny, if I was judged by people who only know me from the internet, most likely dyslexic would be one of my negatives. ;-) I wonder how many of us would be judged the same by the people we know online as the people in real time?