Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 year old son may be gay and I'm concerned
It seems like the more experienced members have got it right - sort of wish I hadnt replied now.....

[Image: lofr1.gif]

fenris Wrote:And if it is true ? ..... The slightest doubt do not relieved of the responsibility

That's true, and normally i would offer advice, but frankly i haven't had a good week so i really can't be bothered.

I endorse watkins advice.

watkins Wrote:It seems like the more experienced members have got it right - sort of wish I hadnt replied now.....

That you gave a answer was definitely right....

Wrong way is to excuse for any kind of help.... am I in the wrong movie here ?.. this is a help forum ... who wants to decide which question is right which not and which user is maybe a fake....

ConcernedParent Wrote:First of all for the record I am not gay the site just made me put what "specifically" I am but there was no option for straight. Secondly I have a fiance (a woman) and we're very much in love. Got it?

Now that's out of the way my son is 12 and he's been showing some"gay" traits. He'd rather spend time in the kitchen with his mother than watch the footy with me and I've noticed he has some very odd friends. Mainly his best friend, a ginger boy with glasses who is also very feminine. They spend almost every waking hour together, even in school. I've asked his head of year if they can split them up but all I got was strange look.

Not trying to offend you people but is there any way I can make sure my son grows up straight? I'd like grandchildren one day and I'd rather not have to have another child if possible.

Some gay traits? Have you forgotten that this is your son. I for one am quite offended. As i am human and so is your son.

There is no way to tell what your son is feeling, he will grow up to feel what he wants to feel. If he likes boys then that's his thing.

fenris Wrote:That you gave a answer was definitely right....

Wrong way is to excuse for any kind of help.... am I in the wrong movie here ?.. this is a help forum ... who wants to decide which question is right which not and which user is maybe a fake....

That's right we ought to be helping this person, we can't just dismiss him as a troll or whatever, and we can't be so easily offended at the slightest awkward expression.

Quote: I am but there was no option for straight

***COUGH**** bullshit ****COUGH****

The question about a child possibly being gay at age 10 and 12 has been asked so eloquently in previous threads more recently and there was great advice given there.

This is a disgusting waste of time and only a twisted mind could possibly think like that, and come into a forum and LIE through his teeth from the word 'HI'

Lilitu Wrote:That's right we ought to be helping this person, we can't just dismiss him as a troll or whatever, and we can't be so easily offended at the slightest awkward expression.

Fine. But for the record I do think he's a troll. And even if he's not then I'm certain he can't be helped and all he gives a damn about is his own selfish interest and has no love for his son (if he says otherwise and believes himself then he doesn't even know what love is). Just be glad I'm not saying everything I think. So I'll post a reply momentarily...and though it may seem harsh it's actually a lot nicer than what I'm thinking.

ConcernedParent Wrote:First of all for the record I am not gay the site just made me put what "specifically" I am but there was no option for straight. Secondly I have a fiance (a woman) and we're very much in love. Got it?

Now that's out of the way my son is 12 and he's been showing some"gay" traits. He'd rather spend time in the kitchen with his mother than watch the footy with me and I've noticed he has some very odd friends. Mainly his best friend, a ginger boy with glasses who is also very feminine. They spend almost every waking hour together, even in school. I've asked his head of year if they can split them up but all I got was strange look.

Not trying to offend you people but is there any way I can make sure my son grows up straight? I'd like grandchildren one day and I'd rather not have to have another child if possible.

Spending time in the kitchen isn't in of itself a sign that he's gay. Lots of straight boys aren't all into that macho stuff just as not all straight girls are girly. One Australian is very straight but instead of joining a sports team (and getting naked with the boys) he instead took a home ec/cooking class just to be with the girls. And plenty of famous chefs are men and there's even a reality show of such a chef (Ramsay) who would probably do you proud with his "alpha" assholery (which I understand many think of as "being a real man").

If the boy is gay then there's not anything you can do about it without causing him harm (granted, you may not care about that as long as you get your grandchildren or don't lose face with the neighbors, etc, but I'm not going to advise on screwing up your son). And even if you can get him to marry and have children (which a few gays do) then it's not going to last...not only have you pushed him into misery but also the woman he married and the kids (your grandkids) he had, which I mention just in case I'm wrong about you and you actually do have a shred of decency and compassion.

If he does end up marrying a man he can still have children. There's even ways to pass on his genetics if he really wants (and I'm sure by the time he's ready to have children the gay friendly fertility clinics and such will be even more amazing) though given the children that need good homes and world overpopulation I'd hope they'd adopt.