Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Australians were persuaded to stop smoking
Oh that legislation has been in place for about 10 years here.

I'm actually pleased it worked somewhere, cause here people didn't give a whole lot of care to it.

Either they are very very insensitive to such graphic images or they really really don't care.

(on retrospective, I don't feel grossed out by the images in the least, so maybe people are like me)

Whatever the cause, they haven't dropped the smoking at all.

However, the law also further restricted the places in which they could do it, for example including all restaurants, no exceptions, so that works for me.

If people wanna kill themselves with fags, they can do it for all I care.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

axle2152 Wrote:I mean they could (and should) outright ban smoking but the tobacco industry is a pretty big deal, lots of money involved. Kind of sick to be in the business selling products that kill your customer.

+ i would just end up like drugs.... which most of the time involves a lot of criminal stuff..... and if the goerments were banning stuff that killed people... why the hell is McD then still here? that clown has given more kids diabites and killed more people world wide than any other food i know xD

i'm glad to see Philip Morris getting their asses handed to them. it's about time. i can't stand hypocrites. they're manufacturing bullshit and getting rich on destroying people's health, and think they still have the right to complain about their 'rights'? fuck that. the whole tobacco industry should be burned to the ground. the sooner the better.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

MickTheMousie Wrote:+ i would just end up like drugs.... which most of the time involves a lot of criminal stuff..... and if the goerments were banning stuff that killed people... why the hell is McD then still here? that clown has given more kids diabites and killed more people world wide than any other food i know xD

I had thought about that too. I do think in the short term, yeah there might be some backlash. The thing about tobacco is that it really doesn't do much, you don't get stoned, drunk or see pink elephants. It simply creates a need for itself and people are just dumb enough to keep doing it because it is cheap (relatively speaking) and easy access. I think it would eventually fade away, might take a generation though.

Unfortunately there will always be people who don't care about their health, who will do whatever they want....get drunk, stoned, etc.

When it comes to McDonald's. While their food isn't healthy, I don't know that they are to blame. If I were to blame any company for diabetes I would blame Coca Cola and Pepsi Co. Pepsi ruined Gatorade which would have been something I would buy, but it has 47 grams of sugar in a bottle. That's the last thing my body needs after a 3 hour bike ride, an insulin spike.

It has been 6 months since I had any soda. I pretty much drink water, coffee or tea. Occasionally I might go to starbucks or something, that's about the extent of it.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

meridannight Wrote:the whole tobacco industry should be burned to the ground. the sooner the better.

On a completely unrelated note, this comment turned me on.

Insertnamehere Wrote:On a completely unrelated note, this comment turned me on.

i can't imagine why. :confused:

(but, have fun with it Smile).
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Such passion in expressing antagonism towards the tobacco industry and smoking is hot! :biggrin:

Insertnamehere Wrote:On a completely unrelated note, this comment turned me on.

So, you're either a pyromaniac or you just like getting "hot".
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

^ It was more the anti-tobacco stance, but the burning factories adds points.

I like my air filtered & flavored!!!!

That's why I smoke filtered cigarettes!!!!

I'm lighting one right NOW..................

Why does my room look so hazy???

Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!