Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19, Going On 16
I would tread very carefully with this one.
I have to agree with B/A on this one ,he has lied and manipulated and who knows how many times he has done that.

If you do meet him, check his ID! Ask him if you can have a glance at his passport or driving licence or provisional licence. He could be even younger than 16 in which case it'll be illegal full stop! I am not joking here, I would definitely check that first before you even start talking properly face to face.

If he is 16 and it's the age of consent in your country then that's fine. Even then you still have to be careful as its an age gap and some people at that age aren't too sure of their true feelings. He may still be questioning his sexuality.

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

Lying is *NOT* ok. Ever. Even if you understand the reason behind it.

If he's lied about his age, he'll lie about other things.

AND, I don't know your age, but it sounds like 19 was potentially a bit too young, which means 16 definitely is.

He's a child, and I don't mean that in any sort of derogatory way, just factually. And 16 is a really hard age, neither his brain nor his personality are anywhere near being fully formed and stable (again, not trying to be a dick - just factual). And teenagers have drama that surrounds them when, at a more experienced age, they might see that what they've experienced may not be necessary. This will certainly make things more difficult for those around them that are older - especially in non-familial relationships.

I would *NOT* move forward with this. But, to provide a little more insight, I also don't date men that are younger than I am as I have a really hard time relating.