Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19 Questions for Hocus Pocus
I loved this film as a kid, i rember it first came out, at the time my mum was talking about moving to another town and for some reason i pictured it,d be like there new house in the film and my bedroom would be like the boys bedroom with the drums. i really associated it all with what my new life would be, (uuum wrong country) that didnt stop me.

Yeah thats the best way i can describe it, its usually on telly christmas time & holidays etc, still watch it if its on, a good film.

We never did move and the dream died though one day i will live in hocus pocus land, it still gives me a nice funny feeling inside

OH hell yeah!!!

Not the children, of course, but I feel like many of those in Salem who made the witchcraft accusations (thus murdering those they accused of witchcraft) deserved to have their life force drained from them by the Sanderson sisters.

I really want to see this again it's been awhile.

Chase Wrote:Not the children, of course, but I feel like many of those in Salem who made the witchcraft accusations (thus murdering those they accused of witchcraft) deserved to have their life force drained from them by the Sanderson sisters.

I'm convinced that at least some (maybe even the majority) who accuse others of supernatural and/or satanic evil are, at best, performing a sophisticated version of legend tripping and don't REALLY believe what they're spouting, even when they ruin or kill over it.

In Pursuit of Satan listed disturbing examples, like some neopagans who gathered got hit with a bunch of religious tracts and instead of leaving them as litter they burned them. Most cops realized what was going on but a Pentecostal cop reported something very different (and similar to the other Pentecostals who passed out the tracts). And when the author (or possibly the author of The Satanic Panic) asked one lady why she believed a workshop when the evidence didn't support it she said because it backed her religion. This was despite people being jailed for imaginary crimes, careers ruined, millions of dollars wasted even in just local cases, and children taken from homes and put through foul tests (like the "anal winking" test that was sometimes performed on terrified children seized from their families by the state and graphic pictures taken to show to jurors and keep, ironically committing some of the crimes they claim they were trying to prosecute). But hey, if it makes her feel better about her religion then screw the innocent!

Kids get tortured to death for "witchcraft" too, and while it's worst in places in Africa it happens everywhere. A friend I used to have had several exorcisms inflicted on him, and his little sister "grew her boobs too fast" so her mother called her church in, they tied her up, and a man got on top of her grabbing her boobs and commanding the demons out in the name of Jesus! Like WTF!? I bet if REAL demons popped up like in some horror movie and commenced to go all Amityville on them that they'd have stained their undies as they ran away and never returned!

Likewise, those "Bob Larson teens exorcising Harry Potter" were to run into the wizards and witches described in the stories then they'd run, too. The church would bow to them...or at least learn to work that magic for themselves if they could and use it in vile ways.

I love "Hocus Pocus", I watch it every Halloween while eating candy in a Halloween costume, because I'm awesome lol. Thanks for posting the "I Put A Spell On You" scene.