Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Mega Church Pastor Comes Out
Jim Swilley, the pastor of a Georgia megachurch, recently revealed to his congregation that he is gay. The 52-year-old father of four said that his wife, to whom he was married for more than 20 years, encouraged him to come out years ago, but at the time, he told her: "These words will never come out of my mouth."

However, the recent spate of teen suicides, particularly that of Rutgers student Tyler Clementi, prompted him to change his mind. "For some reason his situation was kind of the tipping point with me," Swilley told CNN's Don Lemon this weekend.

"There comes a point in your life where you say 'How much time do we have left in our lives? Are we going to be authentic or not?'"

Here is an link to him talking on CNN:
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Well....GOOD.Confusedmile:

Just hope he doesn't get into trouble with the church for his actions.....or go running back into the closet denying what he said. Or BOTH.:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

i hope he uses it as an avenue for good...like inviting gay folks to his church. he has the opportunity to bring the church to GLBT folks in a new way.