Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1950s Relationship
My boyfriend expects me to cook him 3 meals a day for him, clean, and all that. I feel like I just entered a relationship from 1950s, and he doesn't want me to work either, at least now for a few months.

He's also bisexual, and 27 years old.

Why would a guy think like this, I also bottom too, but I'm trying to figure the mentality.

Some guys get turned on etc. about feeling dominant, which can be expressed in different ways. In this case, that is having someone fit into the 'servant' role. There are also guys who get turned on by being in that servant role, but if you're not one of them, you don't have to just give in to him. Relationships based on love are about compromise.

As for why he might think this way... it's tough to say but it likely goes back to something in childhood that developed in him. Maybe his parents were really this way and he always expected to have someone to take care of him the way his mom takes care of his dad. Maybe he was pushed around a lot that he 'overcame' with this feeling of needing to be the one to push around (perhaps not physically but the whole being in charge thing). Those are just a couple theories and there's certainly plenty other reasons that could exist.

What is is that you want? Would he be willing to compromise?

LoveGame Wrote:My boyfriend expects me to cook him 3 meals a day for him, clean, and all that. I feel like I just entered a relationship from 1950s, and he doesn't want me to work either, at least now for a few months.

He's also bisexual, and 27 years old.

Why would a guy think like this, I also bottom too, but I'm trying to figure the mentality.

I would tell him that you are not his Mommy... if he want to eat, show him the fridge, if he wants to change into clean clothes, show him the washing machine. And if he don´t react.. cook his meals.... if he don´t like fish serve fish 5 times a week.... if he don´t react : Kick him out !

He's got it made. Has he told you you're having babies yet?

Make a lovely dinner for two and eat the whole thing to yourself in front of him. Don't forget to pour the rest of the cooking oil away. If he comments, remark "We're out of cooking oil, you'll have to go to the shops if you want to cook yourself some. Oh and please clear up the mess you leave behind".

If you have a friend over and your bf treats you badly in front of them, wait until the friend thanks your bf, and then say to his friend (whilst your bf is there), "Don't encourage him, he'll be wanting praise all the time *really sarcastic look* "