Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st psot in ASIA: What do u think of Asian guys?
Ni hao Steve, Shanghai re bu re?

princealbertofb Wrote:Ni hao Steve, Shanghai re bu re?

Laugh1 you dian re, dan hai ke yi.

wo qu chi wu fan le. hui jian.

go2stv Wrote:Complexity can be attached to most Asians. This is decided by the complex culture. That's why Asians are not that straight than Westerners.

Nice to meet you,Frank...I am Steve.

Hi Steve. Nice to meet you too.

Can you explain what you mean by "That's why Asians are not that straight than Westerners"?

Straight in what way?

fjp999 Wrote:Hi Steve. Nice to meet you too.

Can you explain what you mean by "That's why Asians are not that straight than Westerners"?

Straight in what way?

Probably means not as straightforward as Westerners... You need to guess what they are thinking.

Attempting to answer the original question, it would depend on the individual. I certainly don't know enough people from China or Japan to have any kind of general impression. Were I to form an opinion based on the one Japanese person with whom I currently have any regular contact the whole nation would be damned :eek:

There is a very active Chinese community based in a town near where I live in England. I was surprised when they contacted me a few years ago to help them work on the music when they were trying to work out a lion dance for New Year. Everyone was very friendly and SO enthusiastic. Since then they have gone from strength to strength and now provide an amazing spectacle each time they perform. For the record they didn't really need that much help.

fjp999 Wrote:Hi Steve. Nice to meet you too.

Straight in what way?

princealbertofb Wrote:Probably means not as straightforward as Westerners... You need to guess what they are thinking.

Westerners' thinking pattern likes a straight line,while Asians' like a curved line.The meaning sometimes just can be sensed but not expressed in words.Like princealbertofb said,u have to guess.
Sometimes we say something but mean another.It is culture.We don't usually express things,like love or hatred, directly.

But things are changing.With the globalization,we are more and more open now..:biggrin:

I didnt know East Asians can be comblexed as you guys say. However i have noticed people i know from East Asia can be quiet,reserved with an analysing mind but agh a guy i know is a lot better in science than i am. :frown:

Looks wise they look cute. A hot guy will be hot no matter where they are from.

go2stv Wrote:Westerners' thinking pattern likes a straight line,while Asians' like a curved line.The meaning sometimes just can be sensed but not expressed in words.Like princealbertofb said,u have to guess.
Sometimes we say something but mean another.It is culture.We don't usually express things,like love or hatred, directly.

But things are changing.With the globalization,we are more and more open now..:biggrin:

Very interesting... I have never heard Asian thought process as being more curved but I guess I understand. I dont think this way of thinking occurs so much between Asians and Westerners. I think Asians are more direct when dealing with Westerners - if that is possible???

I can think of one easy example but maybe Steve can provide more.

Japanese are taught not to say "No" thus "Yes" has many meaning to them and can be a very complex dance to get to what that "Yes" really means.

But in my experiences with Japanese when they say yes it is pretty clear they mean yes Talker

One problem that can take place is if you ask someone for directions... asking do you know where blah blah blah is? They cant say NO so will give you directions. You quickly learn to ask the police station instead of folks on the street. That is what the Japanese do!

spotysocks Wrote:A hot guy will be hot no matter where they are from.

I cannot agree more.

fjp999 Wrote:I think Asians are more direct when dealing with Westerners - if that is possible???

To me,it is Yes. I have learnt inter-culture communication in university.And i am quite influenced by American movies.

Hi,I am new here