Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2,000 friends?
ok, so I know a few people who have 1,200 to 2,000 or more friends on Facebook. My question is, are they sluts? do they really even know that many people? do they even talk to all of them?

Alwaysconfused Wrote:ok, so I know a few people who have 1,200 to 2,000 or more friends on Facebook. My question is, are they sluts? do they really even know that many people? do they even talk to all of them?

I purged my "friend list" earlier in the year. I realized it was time when I had two people from company headquarters on my friends list and I NEVER even met them.

They sent me the friend request, I looked at their "friends" and knew a few of them and they were cool, so I approved the requests.

Then I got paranoid and figured the company was trying to spy on me...

:biggrin:

I went from 140+ to 95 friends.

Now it's mostly close friends and family. That's it.

People are crazy on FB.

Gurl! I can't even remember my birthday and how old I am sometimes, let alone 1200-2000 people? Disoriented

That sounds like a FB friend whore :x lol.

I don't even use FB anymore. I keep my friends on my BB and I don't really get along with most of my family, so FB isn't crucial.

Anyone else, I just talk to face to face.

I'm pretty old fashioned in that regard. Don't ask me out over the internet, don't tell me important news unless it's in person, although exceptions can sometimes be made Wink .

I'm better talking face to face anyways Biggrinflip .

Chances are, these people see a hot-ish guy and then they add them as a 'friend', they never message, they never meet, they just want to improve their numbers, brag to their friends about all the hotties and perv on the pics.

Spades Wrote:Chances are, these people see a hot-ish guy and then they add them as a 'friend', they never message, they never meet, they just want to improve their numbers, brag to their friends about all the hotties and perv on the pics.

That is really sad. Cry

FB is not something I need in my life. Neither it is this amount of "friends."

Personally I have 191 friends on facebook and I can honestly say I know all of them, I'm not one of those weird people who adds everyone. By the term "friends" most of them are acquaintances and not part of my inner circle of friends but Facebook has the option to designate people as close friends etc. personally Id say the average number of friends on Facebook is about 130. There is one guy I know and aloof the people on his profile are people he has slept with, so that's a bit awkward lol

FB is a very popular site and some like to keep "score" by friends so they send out friend requests to jack up their numbers. YouTube has something similar with subscribers and the like as well ("I'll subscribe to you if you subscribe to me, but we don't have to watch each other's vids, I just want to look really popular and believe you do, too," and at least a couple have said something similar like that to me before).

And there may be something else...back when I got instant messaging the service kept trying to connect me to others, and I understand more than one network sends out requests on behalf of its members for I don't know why. (I eventually got rid of IM.)

I don't even have FB and I'm always getting FB messages in my email accounts (or presumably so, I suppose they could be viruses hoping I have a FB account and will be tricked on clicking on something).

Wait, there was one FB-like site (it was so many years ago it might've even been before FB) and I was naive enough to think it might've been someone from a board that had recently ceased to exist (and I'd gotten more than one person emailing me from it for real) and to read the message I had to join the site, so I did, and then of course I found I didn't know the guy. He was real, I checked his posts and pics, but he absolutely refused to talk to me at all or even acknowledge my existence and even worse the board wouldn't let me quit and kept spamming me to come to their site again until I finally blocked them. I've never fallen for such a trick again.

I've seriously considered closing my FB account. Way too much drama, and goodness knows I have enough of that offline to spare.

I can't count the amount of times hearing "i can't find you on FB"...i don't have one. It's something that everyone is supposed to have it seems