Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2,000 friends?
I only got one because my wife did. Now that I have it...I wish I didn't...a FB account either! *ba dum ching*

thats just pathetic... I have like 45 -50 friends on facebook... 1200-2000? thats outrageous!!!!!

I've about 220; most of them are classmates and ex-colleagues. I am quite meticulous with the friend-listing, so no one ever gets to know all about me. I have an FB account just for "Warm.Pixels", but that's only to garner interest for my book.

Unfortunately, most of the people who add me on that account aren't exactly the literary type.

How about 5,000?
Some people just need a lot of admirers.

No one really has 1200-2000 friends. Facebook is icky.

No, they are not sluts, whores, etc., whatever you may call them.

I have like 500 I think. However, they are not my real "friends". I never even met a lot of them. Is it so bad that I just want to be able to contact them if need be?

Guess what? I added a girl on there who was in one my classes in 11th grade, but I didn't talk to her much or know her. One day she randomly messages me and asks if I wanna hang out with her and her friend. From that, I gained a bunch of new friends. So I'm pretty open to adding people. I don't see a problem with it. It's none of your God damn business if you think I'm a Facebook-whore or whatever. Go fuck yourself.

They are not friends to be honest... A friend is someone you know the ins and outs of about their life and you have got to know... I can count true friends on one hand only... The rest... aquatancies Smile

Alwaysconfused Wrote:ok, so I know a few people who have 1,200 to 2,000 or more friends on Facebook. My question is, are they sluts? do they really even know that many people? do they even talk to all of them?

AlwaysConfused, I fear I don't understand where that question is coming from. Friends are friends, they are not fuck buddies, they are not sexual partners. So, where does that notion of them being sluts come from?

Do you mean that they have low standards for friendship connections? Do you mean that "surely, they can't be that popular"? You know how facebook works, people request to be your friend. Mostly people, when asked, unless they have a reason not to befriend someone they may have even a vague connection with, will accept the new friendship. You never know, right? This may be where you finally find your soul mate, or your best friend ever?

So, ok, not everyone is like that. Some people play it a little more cautiously. Also THEY know who their real friends are in this mass of friends. THEY know who the ones they are more likely to talk to are among those throngs.

But they are not sleeping around, or is that what you are implying? :eek:

I have about 138 on my list it includes.
about 62 are Family the rest are close friends , work colleges , some of the boys friends that added me.
Besides two people that have been added from here , I know all my the people on my list in person.

I don't want someone I've never met or only met once reading up on all my shit.
That's just weirrd. But I guess I'm not advancing with the rest of my generation, I seem to be overly private and would have deleted my facebook if it weren't for the fact that my trans group. I added about three people (from the group) that I hadn't met or only met once and it made me feel icky so I stopped. xD

But the thing that confused me was when I was talking to guys on okcupid they'd want to add me on facebook like IMMEDIATELY and I'd be like uhhh and what if you/I take interest in someone else? Then that just makes things like super awkward but it's awkward when someone wants to add you on facebook and you don't want to be then they get all butthurt or what I normally get: "PLEEASEE PLEASE COME ON ADD MEE PLEASE OMG IF YOU DON'T ADD ME MY LIFE IS OVER I I HAVE ABSOLUTELY (/end caps to stop being annoying) no respect for your wishes and so I'm probably not good afriend anyway because I believe in peer pressure and don't care what you want it's all about me......"

What were we talking about again?