Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!2 year old shoots home intuder
Yesterday, not far from my home - and this happened.

http://www.newsy.com/videos/12-year-old-...-intruder/

what a scary ordeal! I'm impressed with her actions and three cheers for her!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Only in America would a child even know how to hold a gun!

This is not something to be celebrated guys.

If you shoot/kill an intruder in your house in my country, you will be arrested. We have terrible laws. They always examine if your way of defense was not too strong. And in most cases they say it was Sad

That used to be the case here in England, but just last week the law was changed, we now have the right to use any force we feel is needed to protect our homes.

Obviously gross use of force is outlawed, but in the heat of the moment, like a few weeks ago when a guy shot 2 boys who broke into his home, the law allows you to take action.

Burglars beware!

Marc Wrote:That used to be the case here in England, but just last week the law was changed, we now have the right to use any force we feel is needed to protect our homes.

Obviously gross use of force is outlawed, but in the heat of the moment, like a few weeks ago when a guy shot 2 boys who broke into his home, the law allows you to take action.

Burglars beware!

Its a shame that the law did have to change for us to be "allowed" to use force when someone intrudes onto our property.

At 12, no child should be left home on their own for any reason. This could have gone horribly wrong and have her be injured instead, as good as it is that she protected herself I would question why someone so young would be left unsupervised.

Corsac Wrote:Its a shame that the law did have to change for us to be "allowed" to use force when someone intrudes onto our property.

At 12, no child should be left home on their own for any reason. This could have gone horribly wrong and have her be injured instead, as good as it is that she protected herself I would question why someone so young would be left unsupervised.

Well we were always allowed to protect ourselves, but the wording of the law meant that the police could press charges to further their own agenda.
Now the government have just clarified the law.

Agree 100% about the home alone child.

Marc Wrote:Only in America would a child even know how to hold a gun!

This is not something to be celebrated guys.

That's probably not true Marc, but if so...eh... I do see your point through the snarky comment but to me this is not a celebration. This is a testament to what happens if you do what this criminal did in those circumstances. What do you suppose would have happened if she had not had the gun?

I'd only complain that there is NO way my 12-year-old daughter would be alone at home and there is no way I'd leave a gun and ammo within access to a child. Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

good thing he didnt shoot a family member; his mother arriving late. I was always confidant i would avoid the friendlies but not sure if it were a child with a gun

So many questions are running through my mind, What if that person were a family member, Another child, Someone just coming to the door. The guns need to be removed from that house or need to be stored in an area where a child can not obtain it.