Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30X zoom. How would you rate this?
I'm not saying which camera was used but how would you rate this? The first shot is just to give an idea of how far away I was from the subject; the tower in the centre right of the photo. The camera was hand held so at least the stabilisation seems to work OK.

[Image: t1-231669-p1000131.jpg]

[Image: t1-232579-p1000132.jpg]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

So the tower is the centre of the first photo in close up? Or are those two separate pictures one to give the perspective and distance and the other the result of focussing on that tower?

princealbertofb Wrote:So the tower is the centre of the first photo in close up? Or are those two separate pictures one to give the perspective and distance and the other the result of focussing on that tower?

The tower is centre right in the first photo and is just to give and idea of how far away I was. The second photo is of the tower taken from exactly the same spot but using the full zoom.

Outstanding! I didn't think such a far away shot would have this level of detail.

Good indeed!

Piri Wrote:Outstanding! I didn't think such a far away shot would have this level of detail.

Thanks Piri. I got up early and walked 5 klms. in to town so I could get the shot during the "Golden Hour" before the sun was fully up and obliterated the details. I too was surprised at the amount of detail. If it were possible to enlarge it more you could see a seagull perched on one ledge.

LONDONER Wrote:The tower is centre right in the first photo and is just to give and idea of how far away I was. The second photo is of the tower taken from exactly the same spot but using the full zoom.

Then, it's excellent definition.