Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Party gone wild...
We (husbear and I) celebrated with pink champagne, while watching the fireworks. We hadn't bought any, but with our amazing view we got to see unimaginably many. I just jope nobody got hurt.
Our neighbours had multiple fat rockets, one of which seemingly had trouble getting off the ground. We were inside, looking out, so it looked magical, but that could've bern dangerous.
In Denmark it's tradition to watch the Queen's live new year's speech, so we did that @18:00, with spicy edamame beans. Afterwards we had delicious sushi and an apple-chocolate desert.
It was nice! Very cuddly.
Our dog wasn't fan of the close blasts though, poor thing.

I live in a student ghetto but most of the college kids are gone during semester break. I lit some candles, some incense, had a nice dinner, smoked a little hash, watched a couple episodes of Vikings, had a bit of dessert and was asleep by 10:30 or so. Just before that I'd heard some kids around being boisterous and I thought, uh-oh, there's going to be a party near by -- but after that I didn't hear anything. So I slept until just a bit ago, 5:30AM.

The wild Jordanian party sounds nice. Not my cuppa at this stage of life but how magical. Has an almost Cinderella aspect to it. So, [MENTION=21000]verysimple[/MENTION] are you going to track down this guy? Did he give you his number or leave a glass slipper behind? Those of us with little to no social life want to hear!

Happy new year everyone! My dude and I were invited to a friend's apartment in a nearby college town for a small (10-12 people) party. The host and I did the food shopping and a lot of the cooking in advance so when everybody was there we just had to heat it and put it out.

The recent thread with [MENTION=18339]abcd1234[/MENTION] about Italians being worried about not enough food for a party definitely came into play. We had way too much! Luckily he's going to a church potluck on Sunday (he could cater whole thing himself) and I am bringing some of the beer and stuff to my sister's open house today; we're stopping there on our way Rehoboth, DE where we're spending the long weekend. A little more R&R before the new year begins in earnest.

We hosted dinner for our friends then we went out to the waterfront (walking distance from our apartment) to watch the fireworks and then came back for more drinking. Quite civilised evening :-)

Looks as though everyone had plenty of fun.

Went over to my friends' house, they hosted a late dinner for about 20 people, good food, good drinks, laughs and fun, and we shot off fireworks at midnight.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Went to a nearby friend's place where he hosted a party. Lots of food and drinks. Played poker and got drunk and woke up in his bed, naked, and with a huge hangover. Don't remember the details of what happened...we didn't talk about it and life goes on in its own merry way.

MikeW Wrote:I live in a student ghetto but most of the college kids are gone during semester break. I lit some candles, some incense, had a nice dinner, smoked a little hash, watched a couple episodes of Vikings, had a bit of dessert and was asleep by 10:30 or so. Just before that I'd heard some kids around being boisterous and I thought, uh-oh, there's going to be a party near by -- but after that I didn't hear anything. So I slept until just a bit ago, 5:30AM.

The wild Jordanian party sounds nice. Not my cuppa at this stage of life but how magical. Has an almost Cinderella aspect to it. So, [MENTION=21000]verysimple[/MENTION] are you going to track down this guy? Did he give you his number or leave a glass slipper behind? Those of us with little to no social life want to hear!

Yes sir! He gave me his number, and we are planning to meet up after I am done with my finals... it is just this connection we have when we talk, whatever i bring up, we manage to make a conversation out of it... And we would just keep talking and talking.. last time we talked, we lasted for 2 hours of continous chatting!

he told me he wanted to save it till we meet in person.. idk, it is kinda weird i guess but i guess he is nervous of us running out of things to say.. so it is cute!

dynamodean Wrote:Went to a nearby friend's place where he hosted a party. Lots of food and drinks. Played poker and got drunk and woke up in his bed, naked, and with a huge hangover. Don't remember the details of what happened...we didn't talk about it and life goes on in its own merry way.

well i mean, perhaps it would be a good idea for you two to talk about it. cuz next time you see him, I think it will be awkward... you know?

verysimple Wrote:Yes sir! He gave me his number, and we are planning to meet up after I am done with my finals... it is just this connection we have when we talk, whatever i bring up, we manage to make a conversation out of it... And we would just keep talking and talking.. last time we talked, we lasted for 2 hours of continous chatting!

he told me he wanted to save it till we meet in person.. idk, it is kinda weird i guess but i guess he is nervous of us running out of things to say.. so it is cute!
EXCELLENT…. now just keep us updated as things progress! Wavey

verysimple Wrote:well i mean, perhaps it would be a good idea for you two to talk about it. cuz next time you see him, I think it will be awkward... you know?

We're chill like that and it was never awkward. We did eventually talk about it. Smile