Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020-2021 tech
Any of you fine people thinking about jumping into some new tech this year or next?

Allot going on with... everything

PS5, XboxX, new switch system rumors

LG CX tv

Sony 900h (65 inch just dropped to < 1000$)

new PC system? all the new GPU, CPU, SSD tech.

I might be getting a new tv this year! Big Grin

Anything you guys looking forward too?

I just bought a new camera last year so I'm fine for this year....and for the following few years lol
[-] The following 1 member Likes seeking's post:
  •

I wouldn't mind it at all if someone gave me an RTX 3090...Although I'd say my Intel i7 6700k would be a big bottleneck.

I like building PC's but they have become far too expensive to do. Seems like you could build a pretty badass system for $1,000 about 10 years ago now it's more like $3,000. I did get a new system at work...a bit overkill but it definitely is faster lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  •

(10-03-2020, 02:04 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: I wouldn't mind it at all if someone gave me an RTX 3090...Although I'd say my Intel i7 6700k would be a big bottleneck.

I like building PC's but they have become far too expensive to do. Seems like you could build a pretty badass system for $1,000 about 10 years ago now it's more like $3,000. I did get a new system at work...a bit overkill but it definitely is faster lol

Im in a similar boat... 

I plan to pick up a 65inch lg cx come black friday if they knock a bit more off.

well due to needing rtx 2k or 3k gpu to utilize the gsync I need a new gpu
since I need a new gpu I need a new cpu (unless I want to pay for unused performance)
since I need a new cpu I need...
"For want of a nail", the bank account was lost.

(10-03-2020, 02:32 PM)Alakazam Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 02:04 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: I wouldn't mind it at all if someone gave me an RTX 3090...Although I'd say my Intel i7 6700k would be a big bottleneck.

Im in a similar boat... 

I plan to pick up a 65inch lg cx come black friday if they knock a bit more off.

well due to needing rtx 2k or 3k gpu to utilize the gsync I need a new gpu
since I need a new gpu I need a new cpu (unless I want to pay for unused performance)
since I need a new cpu I need...
"For want of a nail", the bank account was lost.

Where is Linus Tech Tips located? I say we raid them!
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • , ceez

I'm buying a new PC shortly. Have my eye on a new gaming PC on Amazon, nothing fancy though. Waiting to see if it comes down in price in the Amazon sale which will be on soon.

My current PC is failing badly now; graphics card isn't working, needs more ram and I'm still using Windows 7, so yeah, time for a long overdue upgrade! It's had a good innings though.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I honestly would like the maximize performance to power consumption. My crummy Pentium G4400 system that does the security cameras only pulls about 40 watts from the wall while my other system are more like 150 watts each and since I run a plex server it can really spike...
Check out my stuff!

I bought a new laptop but for some reason it keeps crashing when I have Microsoft Teams meetings during class. My PS4 got fried from a storm (because, you know, my life), so I'm going to get a PS5 when it comes out. I don't play too many games (mostly Skyrim, Fallout, and Mass Effect), but there's a new game based on the Harry Potter universe that I want to try when it comes out
[-] The following 2 members Like Chase's post:
  • , ceez

Yeah I wanna give the Harry Potter game a go too! Smile
[-] The following 1 member Likes Alakazam's post:
  • Chase

(10-05-2020, 01:35 AM)Chase Wrote: I bought a new laptop but for some reason it keeps crashing when I have Microsoft Teams meetings during class. My PS4 got fried from a storm (because, you know, my life), so I'm going to get a PS5 when it comes out. I don't play too many games (mostly Skyrim, Fallout, and Mass Effect), but there's a new game based on the Harry Potter universe that I want to try when it comes out

And those are all the games you need Smile . For some reason I never built my own pc, even with all the knowledge I've gathered over years so I was thinking of building my first gaming pc then getting a ps5 because literally everyone I know is playstation while i'm the odd man out with xbox. Plus my poor laptop is 9 years old and Microsoft bought Bethesda so I'll need something to play elder scrolls 6 whenever that happens.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]
[-] The following 1 member Likes ceez's post:
  • Chase