Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 worst password of 2015
Yes, @LONDONER, they ar stupid in banks. Just went to see The Big Short which just goes to show how stupid and greedy they can be.
All of those 25 passwords show absolutely NO imagination.

Anocxu Wrote:A friend of mine pointed out that "Pass Sentences " are the way to go..

Examples

Yourfacelookslikeafoot.

4Theloveofhorrormovies.

Youlookconstipated.

Takemeonalongvacationiamtired.

^^
I think I should try pass sentences .

For now "Football25" works just fine.

and now i am going to point you to this article:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/08/...r-assault/

everything that contains actual words is hackable, in the end. hackers use dictionaries to hack passwords. if the words in your password are in the dictionary, it's still unwise to use 'musicsoundsbetterwithyou', for example. they are also aware people exchange e-s for 3s, tend to use numbers at the end of the password, rather than in the middle, and capital letters are used in the beginning of the password.

ALL such tactics are risky. although it will take longer to hack longer passwords, and passwords beyond a certain length (i don't remember what it was, somewhere starting from 16-21 characters) are unhackable because it would take centuries to do it with our technology.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:ALL such tactics are risky. although it will take longer to hack longer passwords, and passwords beyond a certain length (i don't remember what it was, somewhere starting from 16-21 characters) are unhackable because it would take centuries to do it with our technology.

So hacking passwords is really just a game of Jeopardy.

Most websites are 8 maybe 10 characters max..
I guess it's time to change that.

Then..
Pin numbers are an entire different story..
Just 4 digits between a thief and our life savings .

LONDONER Wrote:I am furious that my bank will only allow me to use a totally numeric password. No letters and no symbols. I have pointed out that a numeric password is probably the easiest to hack but the bank insists that it has had no problems............yet! If my account gets hacked at least I know who to blame.

This annoys me too. And on top of things, it's a 4 digit password for the bank card....like...wtf is that, 17 mill people here and only 10.000+ unique passwords possible? Stupid ass banks.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]