Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 year old told about same-sex marriage
Wondering what people thought of this story.

A father wrote a letter to the Belfast Telegraph angry that his 3-year-old son was told that boys could marry boys.

Wondered what your thoughts were about telling children about life

i doubt that there are many three year olds who would care what marriage is , gay or straight

Good point!

I don't believe it is relevant because I don't believe anyone chooses to be gay. later in his life he will encounter 1 of three things.
  • He will acquire a hard sometime in his preteens at the sight of that chick in his gym class
  • He will acquire a hard sometime in his preteens at the sight of that boy in his gym class
  • He will acquire a hard sometime in his preteens at the sight of both genders in his gym class

There is no simple "choose and pick". It comes with his package. I was gay from the start and when they told me a boy and girl could marry it didn't alter my preferences AT ALL. It may even teach him some tolerance, that's probably what the father is angry about. [that ignorant little dick]Mgwhore2.

In any case in this particular case. I would say don't lie to the child. Boys cant marry boys EVERYWHERE. But that time will come. Hopefully before I die.

can't give children the facts if they ask a question...everyone knows honesty is not the best policy.

I'm reminded of this...

I think that honesty is the best policy too!

I doubt a three year old really understands marriage or relationships... I think he's overreacting a little bit.

When I was three I told people I was going to marry Mum o.o

I didn't even know the word 'gay' until I was 8.

Russell. brilliant video megum, kids don't care at that age, I wanted to be on barney when I was three