Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
30 Gay Psycho Tactics to Lure In More Love And Dates
"Thirty gay psycho tactics..." I hope this isn't going to end in the shower!

I think so far this is all a case of crossed-swords ^_^ or bad choice of words...

somewhere along the line the term 'tricks' got used and we naturally associate this with being misleading someone; although PaulAngelo goes to lengths to point out this is not the case!

these are simply dating tips and psychology to make yourself more approachable in public, which some people do need help with in an increasingly isolated and fast-paced world. The amount of threads on internet meets and 'how do I act on a date?' is proof of this.

Sure some of these may come across as being misleading, but no more than pretending you're confident when you make that first greeting, or dressing well to impress. Truth is everyone responds to things differently so there can never be a hard-and-fast 100% accurate datebook. Guys in suits taking me to dinner and making eye contact? maybe in the movies. Life is much more natural and spontaneous, I liked EastofEden's idea, oddly enough

Cardiganwearer Wrote:"Thirty gay psycho tactics..." I hope this isn't going to end in the shower!

damn, you beat me to it...

I think poor wording may be the gripe here, such as listing something to 'get you laid' with a guy :eek:

It just goes to show that people (at least on this site) don't like the idea of being USED by someone else, or controlled in any way. But I agree with Sil, Paul's quest was probably not for tricks as in trickery, but tips to make the most of what you've got... and maybe correct certain types of behaviour that most people with adequate social skills would not do... (like fart and belch, lol). It's bizarre that common sense and family upbringing no longer teach these skills..., isn't it? :confused:

Being yourself is the biggest trap most guys who have nothing else to offer fall into. I also used to think that being myself is all there is to it - but unless being myself means that I will make his life better, bring value to his life and make his ego shine than being myself will hurt me.

So - to those who want to be yourself - if you have success - stay "yourself" but if you cant find dates and relationships then look up the term "emotional intelligence" and pick up a few strategies.

Good luck!

Woah, I totally misinterpreted your post for a second there, Paul. I see what you mean now. haha

PaulAngelo Wrote:Being yourself is the biggest trap most guys who have nothing else to offer fall into. I also used to think that being myself is all there is to it - but unless being myself means that I will make his life better, bring value to his life and make his ego shine than being myself will hurt me.

So - to those who want to be yourself - if you have success - stay "yourself" but if you cant find dates and relationships then look up the term "emotional intelligence" and pick up a few strategies.

Good luck!

Emotional intelligence is not about controlling people's minds; It's about feelings, being able to respond adequately to feelings, and having compassion, empathy, shared joys... It's not about dictating how someone else should react in a given situation. Mainly, emotional intelligence is about listening, and acting upon what that listening teaches you... To that you could add what is often valued in the outside world as diplomacy, support and encouragement. And maybe -- why not? -- a bit of humour?
I'll grant you that, Paul, seduction is a question of tactics... playing your cards right, as long as you're playing the right game.

The 30 Gay Psycho Tactics are actually the strategy that works better than not having any "tricks up your sleeve".

Being yourself is the biggest trap most guys who have nothing else to offer fall into.

20 years I watched gay men mate and date on a nightly basis and I have talked endlessly with thousands of gay men and I have to disagree with you. I would say with confidence that people who have nothing else to offer use these types of tricks...the idea that someone is trying to get someone else to love them by manipulating them is fodder for sitcoms and standard behavoir on soap operas....JMOWink

It sounds like an awful lot of effort to have to not be myself for the entire duration of a relationship. Obviously one should put ones best foot forwards, etc. but I don't agree with not being oneself.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

PaulAngelo, I notice your avatar has changed subtly; I suppose it's reasonable to expect someone who advocates promoting one's self should also believe in promoting one's commercial website.