Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3500 people a day are leaving churches
Virge...the hypocrisy is so immense it goes to the individuals..each one uniquely important as part of the big picture ..and let's just focus on the individuals who are revered and respected by the masses...

The American Public is completely easy to manipulate...they ebb and flow with the canned news that they see. Once it is not in the news...they consider it over...and THAT is collectively our biggest flaw...

Take for instance "Mr Stand Your Ground" in Florida. Alot of us saw him exactly for who and what he was immediately...and we were right as his subsequent less publicized actions have shown.....so how many people went back and said "WOW...I am a terrible judge of character...and how could I be so blind to what is so fucking obvious now????" Oh yeah..he was a Christian...and made a point of it.....

Here is a quote from him..

George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin in 2012, thinks it was God’s will that the 17-year-old died

“I believe God has his plans, and for me to second-guess them would be hypocritical, almost blasphemous,” he said in the video.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The one that really gets me is Mark Sanford of South Carolina. The MORALLY PURE CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN M*TH**F***KER got on his soapbox to condemn Bill Clinton with all the fake outrage a phony can muster....and used his Christianity as a badge of honor...and he was FUCKING his "soulmate" in Argentina...on the taxpayers dollar...and lying about it to everyone...including his wife and children who he used as posters to get him elected and "prove" his worthiness into the morally superior Christian Club. BUT...because he is a lying Christian hypocrite...and white (and in this case...his race matters)..and looks nice...South Carolina sent him to Congress... AFTER all of this....and he is STILL evangelizing and preaching about morality....

Mark Sanford on Bill Clinton

"The issue of lying is probably the biggest harm, if you will, to the system of Democratic government, representatives government, because it undermines trust," he told CNN. "And if you undermine trust in our system, you undermine everything."

...and these same fuckers are still going on about Bill Clinton's blowjob...and they can't claim it was the lie that "bothered them" anymore...because Mark Sanford had a MUCH BIGGER LIE....and he was sent there by the "Good" (BARF) Christians of South Carolina...and his Christianity had everything to do with it....

Mark Sanford on his affair and deception...

I wish I could wish it away, but this soul-mate feel I alluded too is real and in that regard I sure don't want to be the person complicating your life. I looked to where I often look for advice and counsel, and in I Corinthians 13 it simply says that, "Love is patient and kind, love is not jealous or boastful, it is not arrogant or rude, Love does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice in the wrong, but rejoices in the right, Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things." In this regard it is action that goes well beyond the emotion of today or tomorrow and in this light I want to look for ways to show love in helping you to live a better—not more complicated life.
***except if you are gay ...wink wink***

Of course...he forgot all about his Bible Quote when condemning other people for lesser things....and so do his flock of pick and choose followers....

He compares himself to David..and Lazarus...and freely uses Bible Quotes to push his bullshit on everyone...and then SOME Christians just can't figure out WHY we question them and are suspicious of con men quoting scripture..uh...buy a fucking clue

...and who could forget his lovely wife...and her comments about his affair...and how he "liked where she was going with this"...

Jenny Sanford...on the affair..blaming gays and liberals for him flying around the world and sticking his dick in another woman and lying about it...LOLOLOLOL

“Of course I’m not saying that Mark is gay,” Sanford said, “but he may as well be. The moral decay in this country has claimed another victim and this time it was my family. Our marriage was perfect until these laws started passing around the country. Clearly the slow dissolution of the sanctity of marriage in America seeped into Mark’s psyche until he no longer felt compelled to abide by our vows.”

Social conservatives were quick to show their support for the first lady’s statement.

“It’s finally happened,” said Rush Limbaugh, conservative radio personality. “America, I’ve been warning you for years that gay marriage would destroy the American family and look… there they are, a husband, wife, and four children — destroyed. When is this going to stop America? When will the liberals be satisfied? When all the marriages break up? This wasn’t Mark Sanford’s fault, this was Ted Kennedy’s fault. Sanford didn’t cheapen the value of marriage, he was victimized by the cheapening of marriage.”

Governor Sanford was unavailable for comment, but his office issued a statement saying “we’re not commenting on any of the first lady’s statements, but we like where she’s going with this.”

Now...what is wrong with this picture?

It isn't about the answer because the answer is painfully obvious to anyone who has even one eye open and their brain ready and open for business...it IS about what questions you ask or don't ask....if any...and that is where the problem is..no one even asks anymore...because the "news" is on about something else that doesn't matter much....and most people are content to follow blindly what the "news" is telling them is important....

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you can figure out why these guys thrive and survive...you have the key to curing the cancer..and it IS a cancer...a really bad one...

I say alot that images can be dangerous...and I also think our addiction to images is the thing that will one day bring us all to our knees...permanently..because it allows people like this to infect us with their cancer...until we are blind...

Many years ago, I (hypothetically, I thought) asked a friend "Why do you get so angry when Christians claim that gays are out to destroy their faith?" His response was "I was hoping they wouldn't figure that out until it was too late."

Perhaps they didn't. Smile

Lex

princealbertofb Wrote:I'm not sure that christianity, as the following of Christ's word, is a hoax. Much of it makes a lot of sense, all the more so in a world that is becoming brutal (but has learnt, in the meantime, also to become more gentle, and more respectful of human rights, strangely).

it is a hoax in the sense that christianity wasn't original in any of its principal tenets. it all existed before there was christian church. it is a hoax to claim to be the one true religion, when you're the hybrid descendant of all the tribal spirituality and micro-religions that existed before you.

the world has always been brutal, more so in the name of religion than anything else. the world will always be brutal, religion or no religion. that's just the way life is.

Quote:The ethics of 'do to others as you would have done to you', the idea of forgiveness is surely not to be thrown out like the proverbial baby with the bath water.

you don't need religion to come up with that. nor does abolishing religion abolish the humane ideas and sentiments that human beings by their inborn nature are capable of.

however, religion as an institution is to blame for conning masses of people out of their money for centuries, for censoring intelligence, for the explicit murder and torture of men for their private life conduct, for withholding and manipulating information.....and then they talk about ethics??

Vive la Révolution!
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Virge Wrote:That is what I mean. Unless you're in the US and regularly confronted with fundamentalist ignorance you cannot fully comprehend the people I'm talking about...
[MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION], I think we can get a pretty good idea through social media and videos and newspapers etc...

meridannight Wrote:it is a hoax in the sense that christianity wasn't original in any of its principal tenets. it all existed before there was christian church. it is a hoax to claim to be the one true religion, when you're the hybrid descendant of all the tribal spirituality and micro-religions that existed before you.

the world has always been brutal, more so in the name of religion than anything else. the world will always be brutal, religion or no religion. that's just the way life is.

you don't need religion to come up with that. nor does abolishing religion abolish the humane ideas and sentiments that human beings by their inborn nature are capable of.

however, religion as an institution is to blame for conning masses of people out of their money for centuries, for censoring intelligence, for the explicit murder and torture of men for their private life conduct, for withholding and manipulating information.....and then they talk about ethics??

Vive la Révolution!
I agree with you you don't need religion to stick to what is moral about keeping other human beings alive. There are plenty of moral atheists out there.