Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 4 (51 - 60)
365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 4 (51 - 60)

Taken from http://www.marcandangel.com/

Question 51 - 60

51. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
52. What impact do you want to leave on the world?
53. What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?
54. In the haste of your daily life, what are you not seeing?
55. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
56. What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?
57. Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?
58. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
59. Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone?
60. What is your most beloved childhood memory?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Questions:

Part 1 (01 - 30)

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=152526#post152526

Part 2 (31 - 40)

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=19140

Part 3 (41 - 50)

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=19175

51. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?

It doesn't really apply to me...I am cool with making mistakes and not afraid of doing so.

On the world? Hmmm...that is a tall order. I guess it would be if anyone can take anything useful from my experience that would be the most I would hope for on a "world" basis. If I could leave one thing it would be to my partner and soul mate and it would be to have him know he was loved completely and unconditionally...that would insure I would rest in peace until we meet again.

Letting go of trying to control my life...did that in my 20s.

New Movies :biggrin:

55. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

We all have a path to walk...no one promised it would be fair

Animals...Love...God (my interpretation of God...NO religious dogma or Bible versus are involved)

Absolutely

Well...my greatest fear evolves as the years go by so some of the past ones...YES.. they came true...present ones? NO...and I sincerely hope they do not for everyone's sake.

This is not true for me.

Bad topic for me...my mom was mentally ill and quite violent. My dad enabled her. My childhood was a nightmare.

Thanks again Jay. I love the opportunity to sit and think about some of these things.
Smile

Learning from our mistakes is *optimal*. But let's be honest, we don't ALWAYS learn from our mistakes.

I was taught when borrowing something to return it in the same condition or better than when you first received it. That's what I hope for my "world" (people and space).

It concerns my job which I haven't shared on this website, sorry.

I wish I knew! It might have something to do with my friends and family.

Life cannot be (nor should it be) a ice cream party 24 hours a day. Life is hard because it makes the brief moments of pleasure so much sweeter.

Spending time with my friends and their kids.
Praying/meditating--going for a walk.
Certain music.

Of course.

I'm afraid it's unfolding right now.

I'm not sure this is true unless we're speaking strictly about loved ones. Usually it's out of sight, out of mind.

My grandparents were immigrants. I cherish the memories of spending time at their house for the holidays with other members of my immediate and extended family eating the traditional foods and listening to the language of the "old country".

Thanks for the memories.
Smile

I think some people are afraid to make mistake because admitting mistake means admitting flaws, imperfection and vulnerability.

I just want people to remember me as a nice guy who has done good deeds in his life. Hopefully my love, sincerity and compassion can impact and infect others. Oh me, modest. Laugh

Lost a massive amount of weight via exercise, healthy lifestyle, patience and determination. Took almost 5 years to complete the mission but it's well worth it.

Sometimes I forget what I have accomplished in life. I push myself too hard and keep telling to myself that what I'm doing right now is not enough.

I forgot to pat my own back and say, "You've done a very good job."

Most of us know that life is short and unpredictable. But we have a habit to ignore it. We ignore the things we love because we always think we still have tomorrow, the day after and the day after that to do what we love.

Self reflection and self discovery. And music. And smile. And laugh. And friends.

Yes. It has something to do with Sam. My first crush.

Yeah. Fighting with one right now.

Because they are no longer around us. Most people tend to appreciate things that aren't around anymore.

Anything that has something to do with my siblings.

Because by making a mistake does it mean that you have to be wrong, and being wrong shows weakness, and weakness is something every human has been raised to hide.

Nature is love, Love is nature. Destroy the nature and you destroy the love, destroy the love and you destroy the nature.

Leaving the gang life and criminality. I've always been surrounded by it all my life, and my biggest accomplishment is not being a part of it. It maybe was just a teen phase, but leaving a big gang is really hard.

Inner peace and healthy lifestyle. I know a lot about health, but my mind is so narrowed I am always failing to change my lifestyle and I hate it.

Society? Family and friends? Confidence and guts? We want so much, but also fear the same. As the grass is always greener on the other side, no matter from what angle, poor, rich.

Music and friends.

Many things.

Yes, I am a living example of what I feared many years ago.

We don't see things we do have, we always see the things we don't. And when a thing that has been so unconsciously close to us is gone, we can not help to get chocked and how good it was.

The trip to Denmark with my brother and my mother to Legoland and other places.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.