Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 5 (61 - 70)
365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 5 (61 - 70)

Taken from http://www.marcandangel.com/

Question 61 - 70

61. Is it more important to love or be loved?
62. If it all came back around to you, would it help you or hurt you?
63. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing would you do it?
64. If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish?
65. What is the difference between falling in love and being in love?
66. Who do you think stands between you and happiness?
67. What is the difference between innocence and ignorance?
68. What is the simplest truth you can express in words?
69. What gives your life meaning?
70. Can there be happiness without sadness? Pleasure without pain? Peace without war?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Questions:

Part 1 (01 - 30)

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=152526#post152526

Part 2 (31 - 40)

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=19140

Part 3 (41 - 50)

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=19175

Part 4 (51-60)

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=19207

Wow...I keep forgetting there are 365 of these! They are really good questions but I cant imagine 365 of them ...good to do 10 at one time..Thanks Jay!

[COLOR="Red"]
To love[/COLOR]

I am not sure I understand the question but if I am to assume it is karma....a bit of both I am afraid

63. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing would you do it?

Satan...err...I mean Reagan...as President. I would change that. I am not going to expand on that but I think it would reverse scores of other problems we have and I do not think AIDS would exist if that man would have remained a B actor

I would want to make sure that my lover was well taken care of and I would want to finish my path that I have spent my life working on...they are all inner goals.

Falling in love can be deceptive. They might be your parents in disguise:biggrin:...also falling in love has alot of false images involved....for example...beig in love with someone based on their appearance. That will fade so better have a back up plan. Being in love usually starts inside yourself and then extends outward and to the degree that you can truly love yourself you can be in love with someone else.

I am happy today on a personal level but when I did have an obstacle..it was me. On a global level (I am an idealist) I wish for peace and an end to starvation and disease and equality for everyone across the planet...also protecting the environment and leaving the planet in a better state than when we found it, We are guests, after all. Any individual or entity that opposes these things are an obstacle for my happiness.

Hmmmm....are these questions getting harder?:biggrin: I am not sure there is a difference until you insert "willful" as in willful ignorance. I define ignorance as being unaware which is similar to innocence as it also suggests unawareness...it changes when someone is presented with information to correct their ignorance and decides to ignore it...it becomes willful ignorance at that point IMO

The truth is always simple. We complicate it.

Love

70. Can there be happiness without sadness? Pleasure without pain? Peace without war?

The idealist part of me wants to say yes BUT often they are necessary adversaries...to fully experience one you may have to fully experience the other.. If you are to truly experience happiness you will probably have a deeper sense of happiness if you understand sadness and have experienced it. Same with pleasure and pain...peace and war.

To love.

I truly believe I have a net positive Karma balance, so overall it should help me.

I've always tried to live without regret, but yeah, I would do it. A second chance? Who wouldn't?

I have already done and seen more than I ever expected to, but it came at a price. That price was companionship. I would only seek a genuine companion in my last years so that I didn't die alone.

The span of time. We quickly fall in love, but over time we are just in love.

I'm not sure I'm standing apart from happiness. But I would like someone to stand with me in order to confirm where I stand. Right now, he's too far away.

Innocence is natural and forgivable. Ignorance should know better and might be inexcusable.

God = Love

Up until the last few years it was work. I lived to work. It was my LIFE. But not so much anymore. Now I'm searching for a new purpose having achieved more than I thought I ever would in my profession. That's the irony of success. The question is: Now what?

I defer to Jung and his idea of the "duality of man", which is based partly on the concept of Yin and Yang. Our lives need balance in order to be healthy. So my answer is no, there can be none of those things without the opposing force. Nature cycles, why does man think he can exist outside of nature?

To love.

From my experience, both. But I do my best to see its good side and learn from it.

I would stop myself from writing and handing over that stupid love letter.

Try to do as many good deeds that can benefit people around me and also myself. Try to do good things that can spread love, compassion and humanity to everyone around me.

Falling in love is an explosion without guarantee. It can fluctuate. Being in love is continuous and steady. This is the stage where both sides are willing to be together through thick and thin, spiritually, physically, and emotionally

Bottom line, myself.

Innocence is not knowing but willing to learn. Ignorance is not willing to learn, refuse to listen as well to understand.

It takes a real man to forgive and to let go.

Determination to ask questions and to seek its answers to build a better life.

I think in order to learn and to appreciate happiness and pleasure, there must be sadness and pain. As much as I hate to say this, I think it also applies to peace and war.

This is "cause and effect", I find that if you love someone, you get loved back, so they are pretty equal.

I think it would help me.

Yes, absolutely.

Visit my family and friends all around the world.

Falling in love is what happens when love starts to develop. Being in love is sustained.

Myself at times.

Innocence is when you don't know abouts something, ignorance is when you turn a blind eye
to it, or refuse to learn about it.

everyone needs love

friends and family

absolutely.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!