Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D printing
I need to get off this computer and get back to work but before I do I would like to know if anyone has any experience with 3D plastic printers or has seen them in action. I have watched some videos but I would love anyone with first hand knowledge of them to give me an opinion on the machine and quality of the print. For some reason I am fascinated with them.

I am too! I really want one.

No experience. But I remember reading some guy made a working gun with it.

it really depends on the printer you can get some really advanced designs and quality prints.

I have spent so much time look through all the designs and stuff you can get through shapeways

http://www.shapeways.com/model/52936/one...erialId=23

Cuddly Wrote:I am too! I really want one.

No experience. But I remember reading some guy made a working gun with it.

I did see the one on the gun.

I would definitely get one if it was a matter of loading a pic and having it made but we are not at that point yet. My understanding is it takes a couple of software conversions to get it loaded into the printer or you need to draw it up on a CAD program which I am not proficient at and then convert that for the printer.

The whole idea will change the way companies or individuals do the replacement of broken or worn out parts. It would be awesome to be able to just make something I need for a repair at minimal cost rather than order it from the manufacture.

I haven't seen one in person yet but I would love to. I also saw the gun that was made but I read that the guns started to explode or just fell apart.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]