Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pentagon approves a soldier attending pride parade in his uniform
Nathaniel Boehme will make history when he becomes the first active-duty gay military member, with permission from the Pentagon, to march in uniform in Seattle’s Pride Parade.

This seems like a major benchmark for gay rights in the U.S.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/gay-mili.../451527983

Nope, that major step was taken back in the late 20th century where a definate NO GAY policy was overturned for that little bit of wiggle room of Don't Ask Don't Tell, which as everyone knows, when you give them an inch they will take a mile.

With the Military passing away DADT to Acceptance there are no more bench marks, just lots of PR stunts to make it seem like the progressive right is here to stay, or conservative left, or whatever pretend political power that uses "social" stuff as the basis of a political platform.

Not saying it isn't nice to hear that finally the military is catching up to the Roman Empire (Which I might add flourished for 900 years, got religion and its antigay policy then shuffled off the hisory books), but we shouldn't make it a huge thing, because sister it ain't a thang now. If this was the 1970's it would be a huge benchmark of improvement, now its just a little embarassing of how long it took Civil Rights to be a thing... like 50 or so years.

Just terrible to bring discredit on the uniform, lets just dismantle the last bastion of decency in this country. My heart breaks to hear this. It is the Air Force which is generally a faggoty, feminine branch anyway.

Doc Wrote:Just terrible to bring discredit on the uniform, lets just dismantle the last bastion of decency in this country. My heart breaks to hear this. It is the Air Force which is generally a faggoty, feminine branch anyway.

Where's the thumbs down button?

I was outed during Clinton's BS Don't Ask Don't Tell policy period. Had the military found out - it would have meant a General or Dishonorable Discharge. When my service came to an end I didn't re-enlist.

I'm happy to see Gay service members can march in Uniform.
Use a condom.

No Dan he's wrong and so is the Pentagon. A place where scantily clad men are acting out is not an appropriate place to wear the uniform, surely you of all people must understand that. And dont get me started on the Pentagon being over and giving in, back in my day they didnt give a shit what we thought, we kept our mouths shut and did our jobs. Had a guy pulled a stunt like this in my unit, I'd have beat him to within an inch of his life.

Veterans parades, military and national holidays are places to wear uniforms, he should have chose to wear his awards maybe in a dignified manner of course and roughly placed in a military manner. I often wear a rosette of the Iraq Campaign Medal on a suit jacket, because I understand that its not an always appropriate to wear the uniform. That dude has no respect, not surprising he's in the Air Force which is barely the military. Its not like those guys did shit in the last war so they would not understand what it means.

I see this as a good thing for our military, and a good thing for our country..

The more people that see us as just average guys/girls, the more acceptance there will be...

Sin-cerely,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!