Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Signs You Are Working With a Psychopath
How do you know when you're face-to-face with a psychopath? There are more out there than we'd like to imagine, and they all tend to exhibit essentially the same traits, says behavioral analyst Lillian Glass, a language expert who's worked with the FBI on unmasking signals of deception.

Psychopathy is an anti-social personality disorder where the sufferer tends to adopt erratic and impulsive behaviors. Psychopaths have an inability to internalize social norms.

While it's difficult to know how many psychopaths reside in the U.S., a survey cited in a Reuters article found that out of the 500 senior executive respondents in the U.S. and U.K., 26% said they had "observed or had firsthand knowledge of wrongdoing in the workplace" and 24% believed that those in the financial industry need to "engage in unethical or illegal conduct to be successful."

Based on Glass' new book "The Body Language of Liars," we pulled out seven red flags that you may be dealing with a psychopath in the cube next door.

They constantly use the past tense.

Researchers have found psychopaths use past tense more than present tense, which could signal that they're detached from the present, writes Glass.

They use cause-and-effect statements.

"Because psychopaths are entitled and see the world and others as theirs for the taking, researchers at the University of British Columbia found that they used more words such as 'because' and 'so that'" says Glass, since they tend to rationalize their actions with their own logic.

They talk excessively about their basic needs.

Since they're typically not occupied with anything else, psychopaths think about their basic needs a lot, such as food, shelter, and clothing, writes Glass. When talking about their basic needs, psychopaths tend to use twice as many words as usual or provide too much information.

They don't take responsibility or blame.

Psychopaths usually think that they're the victims, which comes from their sense of entitlement, says Glass.

"The psychopath will speak of himself in grandiose terms while blaming others and taking no responsibility for his actions," she says. You can hear this in the lack and emotion of their voice.

They contradict themselves often.

This may even happen within the same sentence. "[Psychopaths] will lie or omit information when you ask them a question, but they may tell you the truth if you rephrase the question slightly. Researchers have discovered that this has to do with the particular way their brain is wired," says Glass.

They are really bad at crying.

"When [Susan Smith] gave a press conference and cried about her missing children, her fake tears were actually what raised suspicions that she was the killer," says Glass.

When psychopaths cry, Glass says they will often wipe underneath each eye, one at a time. "When people cry genuine tears they cry with both eyes, and so they will tend to wipe both eyes at once."

Their body language is different than what they say.

Glass says psychopaths will often say one thing, but their body language will tell a different story. For example, while saying the word "yes," the psychopath could be shaking their head no.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/11/07/...d%3D403590

Personal Note:
Based on this articles points about how these people act all the time, I have to say 75% of the people I have worked FOR and worked WITH fit all of the descriptions in this article. And no offense meant, but 99% of black people I have worked with or been around for some period of time have all of these traits.

Which makes sense, seeing as everybody thinks everybody else OWES them everything and has no qualms about bashing people to get what they want.

The last company I worked for is run by several of these types. Of course they despise and treat their workers very badly, and blatantly lie about it.

DrPhibes Wrote:And no offense meant, but 99% of black people I have worked with or been around for some period of time have all of these traits.

Noooo...

And, that means, you worked with at least 100 black people ttttt

I felt asleep while typing this message, I don't remember what I meant...

Ekwarph Wrote:Noooo...

And, that means, you worked with at least 100 black people ttttt

No that means that out of all the black people I have worked with or around, almost all of them meet these criteria.
And where I live, this is the standard way that most black folk are. I dont know how or why they got to this way of thinking and acting, but thats the way it is.....or at least most of what I have seen and heard.

In other words, the woman who wrote this stuff is an idiot, or all people in general are psychotics.
Take your pick.

I'd be curious how this research is done since I don't see the typical psychopath signing up to be studied. The only thing that comes quickly to mind is in prison in which case this is all flawed. OF COURSE they tend to speak in the past tense among other things. All in all just color me skeptical for this research.

I'm also a bit sceptical.

Also, probably isn't best to open with the worn out "black people are all entitled" garbage.
Though claiming this is due to being psychopaths is a new one on me...

I was enjoying this thread.

You were doing so well and they I got to the part about black people... and that my friend, is where you lost your credibility and respect.

Isn't there like an NCBI paper about it? So I can see what type of study they made?..

well, a lot of people I know meet these criteria...oh, well, we're all at least a bit of potential psychopaths

Vigilias Wrote:I was enjoying this thread.

You were doing so well and they I got to the part about black people... and that my friend, is where you lost your credibility and respect.

I invite you over there to the southern part of the USA to come and check it out.
Visit California..it is the worst, but the southern part of the US is catching up to them.

I mean, in California blacks will walk right up to you and DEMAND you give them money. Right there IN PUBLIC.
And they teach their kids to do this. I could not keep count of how many black kids roamed the shopping centers and malls there in CA, walking up to people DEMANDING you give them money! I dont know how many people just had the unmitigated NERVE to just walk up to me and DEMAND I give them money for booze, the bus, food, and clothes!!!
I stopped one kid who was about 7 years old one day and asked him why he did this. He said his mother made him. Apparently she sat at home all day, collecting welfare checks, watching Oprah, and dealing drugs out of her apartment. She made her kids go out and panhandle for money so she could buy expensive clothes, booze, and go out with her "men friends".
I had stopped another black kid at a different location and asked him why he did this, and he said his mother sat in front of the tv all day, eating delivered food. If he didnt bring home enough money for her to order in food, he would get beaten and then have to sleep outside in the cold at night. This kid was about 12 years old.

So yeah, from my experience in the USA, this is the mentality of most black people, and they teach their kids this. And then they teach their kids, and so on......
Its sick and its sad, and its a drain on the economy and economic system in this country.

I had an argument with one black guy, because he kept calling himself "African American" and spouting that HE deserved to have EVERYTHING given to him on a "silver platter" because HIS ancestors were slaves. But in our conversation, he tripped himself up and said his grandparents were from Spain and his great grandparents were Brazilian or something like that. I told him he was NOT "African American" then, he was just abusing the system to weasel free stuff. He had no right to be spouting to everybody that his ancestors were slaves in this country, much less demanding that he be given everything he wanted in life, for FREE!!!

This is the average mentality of blacks in this country. Dont get mad at me for it, thats the way it is here.

No, not all black people are like that, but it is the main, standard way of thinking they have here.

Blacks from other cultures do not seem to be like this. A lot of them are offended at how the blacks are here in the USA. And some of them think its the best scam going, so they start doing it too.

I have black friends and they hate these types of blacks because they say they are dragging the whole race down, and thats why there is still so much bigotry against black people in this country.

Hopefully one day, the will see their stupidity and how it is destroying the country, their kids, and themselves. But right now, they dont care.....its all about money and how to get it without doing anything.

I will say though, I have seen a SMALL change in the mindset of blacks in the area where I live in the past three years. Hard working people, teaching their kids that education is the key to success...not sitting on your ass all day, expecting to get free stuff all of your life. I hope this trend continues.

Ok, putting soapbox away..

Not my experience of California. But maybe it's because I'm female. What about other guys in California, this match your experience? :confused:

No guys in my life have ever talked about it...

And my black BFF was raised to see white society as antipathic to them at best (not that she got sucked into that) and not expect any favors from whites. Another thing she described was the burden of acting good because every time there was a major crime many would hoped the person who did it "wasn't black" as when someone black does it then the entire black community suffers the infamy for it rather than the individual. And once I showed her a pic of the audience at the award where Kanye was obnoxious to Taylor Swift showing how mean women could be because the women in it were laughing at how Taylor got treated but one man (a black man) looked distressed and even horrified but she told me that was probably less chivalry and more "oh crap, that jerk just made all black men look like assholes." And that also makes me think it wouldn't be too common to encourage kids to go harass people for money at the mall, especially as it would invite "misunderstandings" with security and the police, and btw getting on welfare and staying on it isn't easy, not even in California, and the state can be real hard sometimes inspecting the children to see if the mothers on welfare are fit to raise them.