Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
717 killed in stampede
This is the will of Allah

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mecca-eid-al-a...ml#MzMCU3b

Blame anyone but the Saudis themselves.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

it was said on the news that these deaths occur every year, apparently 20 years ago even more people lost their live in the same circumstance - but the cleric on bbc news said it would not stop more coming because the ones that die will go to a higher place as a clean spirit !!! he was smiling ,,,I don't get it it myself , he seemed almost pleased for the deaths

as wanda sykes as the oracle in the matrix once said, "Now thats fucked up"

Good.

May the rest of these people die as miserably as all the atrocities they have done.

BlueStar Wrote:Good.

May the rest of these people die as miserably as all the atrocities they have done.

I'm agnostic who comes from a strong Islamic family. I was sent to a religious school and was a preacher who led hundred of students every day in high school. I snapped out due to common sense. I never understood the religion since I was a kid. But I only dare to step out of the cocoon when I was getting older.

I dislike the religion. I condemn the extremism and do not even like the basic teaching of the religion. But do I wish miserable stuff to happen to my family just because they practice Islam? No. I'm out and my family are not happy with my gayness. Do I hate them? No.

I get that majority of people disapprove Islam but when you begin to wish such miserable thing to happen and spew hatred toward Muslims, you are no better than the people that you despise. You hatred shows your real mindset.

I don't get the concept of visiting house of God (Mecca). I don't get why millions of Muslims have to circle a shrine when the religion itself condemn other religions for praying at shrines. I don't get why you want to be pushed and trampled by millions of people. But what I do know is my sister will have to go to Mecca one day to do all these. It's compulsory for every Muslim to visit Mecca once in their lifetime. It doesn't matter whether you practice Islam moderately or not.

My mother asked me to accompany my sister for her trip to Mecca. Me? The agnostic one. I disapprove everything but I will likely accompany her because I am her younger brother. She's my sister. I have the responsibility to protect my sister from the insanity that will happen during that visit. I do this not because I'm stupid but because I have a heart. I can always let her go alone but am I willing to let terrible thing to happen to her when she's in Mecca all alone? No.

So 10 or 15 years from now, your 'miserable' wish will also apply to me. Thank you for that. I will remember.

Jay Wrote:I'm agnostic who comes from a strong Islamic family. I was sent to a religious school and was a preacher who led hundred of students every day in high school. I snapped out due to common sense. I never understood the religion since I was a kid. But I only dare to step out of the cocoon when I was getting older.

I dislike the religion. I condemn the extremism and do not even like the basic teaching of the religion. But do I wish miserable stuff to happen to my family just because they practice Islam? No. I'm out and my family are not happy with my gayness. Do I hate them? No.

I get that majority of people disapprove Islam but when you begin to wish such miserable thing to happen and spew hatred toward Muslims, you are no better than the people that you despise. You hatred shows your real mindset.

I don't get the concept of visiting house of God (Mecca). I don't get why millions of Muslims have to circle a shrine when the religion itself condemn other religions for praying at shrines. I don't get why you want to be pushed and trampled by millions of people. But what I do know is my sister will have to go to Mecca one day to do all these. It's compulsory for every Muslim to visit Mecca once in their lifetime. It doesn't matter whether you practice Islam moderately or not.

My mother asked me to accompany my sister for her trip to Mecca. Me? The agnostic one. I disapprove everything but I will likely accompany her because I am her younger brother. She's my sister. I have the responsibility to protect my sister from the insanity that will happen during that visit. I do this not because I'm stupid but because I have a heart. I can always let her go alone but am I willing to let terrible thing to happen to her when she's in Mecca all alone? No.

So 10 or 15 years from now, your 'miserable' wish will also apply to me. Thank you for that. I will remember.
By "these people" I meant the Saudis only. I would never insult any religion itself, but I would curse over and over again the nation who contributed in tearing apart the country I spent my teen years in (Lebanon). Moreover, I would wish their miserable death for torturing and condemning LGBT community to death.

For your info, my first love was a muslim and a deep believer.

I apologize for your misunderstanding.

BlueStar Wrote:Good.

I know that you've apologised but remember that you cannot generalise. You cannot condemm everyone just because they belomng to a particular religion. There are many devout Muslims that condemm the atrocities of IS.

I'm not an agnostic, I am a 100% aethiest. For the more than 700 that died, a fat lot of good it did them believing in Allah. Maybe I should have said: "This is the will of Allah?"

LONDONER Wrote:I know that you've apologised but remember that you cannot generalise. You cannot condemm everyone just because they belomng to a particular religion. There are many devout Muslims that condemm the atrocities of IS.

I'm not an agnostic, I am a 100% aethiest. For the more than 700 that died, a fat lot of good it did them believing in Allah.
Repeating: I hate the Saudi nation itself and this has nothing to do with their religion. I am NOT Islamophobic so don't accuse me of it. I was speaking from a purely political/moral concept, not a religious one.

BlueStar Wrote:Repeating: I hate the Saudi nation itself and this has nothing to do with their religion. I am NOT Islamophobic so don't accuse me of it. I was speaking from a purely political/moral concept, not a religious one.

I'm not accusing you of Islamaphobia. I was just saying that you can't tar everyone with the same brush no matter what their religion.

Jay Wrote:I'm agnostic who comes from a strong Islamic family.
That's a new one. Never seen a muslim who denied the existence of the overpraised Mohammad and became an atheist. Or an agnostic in your case.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.