Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating Advice
I have a bit of a dilemma and could use an outside perspective or someone to simply shed some light on my current situation.

I have been talking this guy online and we talked last year some time ago. For whatever reason we stopped talking. All of a sudden a couple weeks ago, me messaged me out of the blue. I remembered who he was and was rather lite up that he remembered who I was and we continued chatting as if we had continued our conversation.

We finally met the other night as he picked me up and we went back to his place for our first date. He cooked me dinner, bought a decent bottle of wine and we ate and watched a movie. I did stay the night and things did get heated.. more then a couple times that evening and carried on into the morning.

I woke up and brought me coffee in bed and even went as far as to cook breakfast. We had a relaxed morning, drove to the park and walked around and chatted. We went back to his place, had a nap, and picked up on the hot and heavy...

He is an extremely passionate guy but on more then one occasion a brought up his ex as he has been single for 4 years and he is very touchy feely which I'm not use to at all. He seems very smitten by me and kept making comments about how he can picture this going far and how he really wants to be with me. Which is very sweet to hear. I myself am also very smitten but also at a lose of words as I enjoyed the time together that we spent but also can't help but wonder if he's coming off as clingy or just very passionate....

Your post did not describe a single "issue".

You like him.
He likes you..

Relax.
Take it one day at a time.

See where it goes..
Make the best of it.

Your worried that he may be "clingy"....

Sounds like you two don't know enough about each other yet, and need to spend more time doing various things together. There is a good reason why people date each other for several months before making a commitment - you need to know if the two of you are compatible.

So,,,,, as Anocxu already mentioned above,,,,, "relax, take it one day at a time, and see where it goes.

Sin-cerely,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

but wonder if he's coming off as clingy or just very passionate....

If you have to wonder if someone is coming off as clingy, then clearly you don't consider him to be clingy.

Are you ok with him? Are you ok with how things are? He seems to be. So, if you are too, then what's the problem here?
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Thank you for the advice. I mean it was only the first date and things seemed to be going very well as we talk almost everyday. He seems to genuinely like me and I like him.

I was concerned by how quickly he responded to how he could see us together and how he wants me in his life. I'm not use to the affection at all and from what he's told me this is the most affection he's received as his ex wasn't big on most affection. It was a bit overwhelming at first as he seemed to lay all his cards on the table and has told me so many personal details one I'm assuming would grow to learn and find out eventually... just in one evening.

Backintoit Wrote:Thank you for the advice. I mean it was only the first date and things seemed to be going very well as we talk almost everyday. He seems to genuinely like me and I like him.

I was concerned by how quickly he responded to how he could see us together and how he wants me in his life. I'm not use to the affection at all and from what he's told me this is the most affection he's received as his ex wasn't big on most affection. It was a bit overwhelming at first as he seemed to lay all his cards on the table and has told me so many personal details one I'm assuming would grow to learn and find out eventually... just in one evening.
You know, what I think is interesting is that you come here to ask a bunch of total strangers for dating advice... when... as was said... there really isn't a problem or issue here. EXCEPT that you're not feeling "sure" of this.. or what is going on.. or his intentions... or what it might mean.

There are no rules. There may be somer rules of thumb, but they're just that... generalities. Specific instances always differ.

If you like the guy, for lordy sake, just stop over analyzing everything. Enjoy what there is to enjoy. You'll find out in due course if you're truly compatible.

One caution I give everyone who is dating... don't invest more emotional energy into it than the other guy is. Try to keep it on an even keel. If you feel he's getting "over invested too quickly" (which may be what you're concerned about, it isn't clear) then say so to him. Let him know you enjoy him but you need to go about this with appropriate caution -- because these connections don't always work out the way we'd like then to.