Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So my friend and I are back to being friends. At one point, I thought there might be something more but lately, my intuition is telling me that he is taking a step back.

The flirting back and forth is not the same. Well, at least within the past couple of days.

And to make matters worse, the constant communication is still there. We "talk" everyday through text. Quite often, despite the time differences, as I am waking up, he is going to bed. So, my "good night" texts are in response to his "good morning" texts and vice versa.

Maybe, it's because I like him and I don't think he likes me in that way anymore, beyond "friends."

Q: Someone once told me a joke - do you know what number represents being "friend-zoned?"

A: It's "96" because we all know what number "69" represents.

Rant over. I'm totally feeling Bonnie Raitt's song: "I can't make you love me."

(Sigh)

C'est la vie.

Get out there and find a real, live boyfriend.

I think I haven't followed your story, so this is the first part I read of it. I once desperately fell for someone who lived in Los Angeles, which was a time difference of 9? hours I think. This happened at least 3 years ago, we were both super optimistic about it, didn't see any problems in the huge distance, but in the end I wished we hadn't been like that. Long distances hurt, a lot. You must feel very hurt right now too, but is that really that much worse than constantly feeling a little bit of hurt because of always missing someone you can't physically be with? I figured that for me it wasn't.
Have you ever met him in real life? If yes, I can understand you wanting to keep it up, I guess it makes the situation different. If no, I agree that it'll be better for the both of you to live your life in reality and maybe you will find someone who lives close to you.

Cinestry Wrote:I think I haven't followed your story, so this is the first part I read of it. I once desperately fell for someone who lived in Los Angeles, which was a time difference of 9? hours I think. This happened at least 3 years ago, we were both super optimistic about it, didn't see any problems in the huge distance, but in the end I wished we hadn't been like that. Long distances hurt, a lot. You must feel very hurt right now too, but is that really that much worse than constantly feeling a little bit of hurt because of always missing someone you can't physically be with? I figured that for me it wasn't.
Have you ever met him in real life? If yes, I can understand you wanting to keep it up, I guess it makes the situation different. If no, I agree that it'll be better for the both of you to live your life in reality and maybe you will find someone who lives close to you.

yes we met in real life. several months ago, I took a vacation. of the 8 days I was there, we spent 6 days together.

Don't close your doors on him but don't close your doors on other people as well.

Who knows if you can meet someone nearby?