Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A $600 Volkwagen, I kid you not
This is not a joke, they do sell for $600.00 and they won’t be able to make them fast enough.

Here's a one seat car that will get you back and forth to work on the cheap.

This $600 Volkswagen's car gets 258 mpg, 109.687 km/l or 0.9 litre per 100 km!
This $600 car is not a toy; it will be ready for release in China next year.

The single seater aero car totes VW (Volkswagen) branding.

Volkswagen did a lot of very highly protected testing of this car in Germany; it was not announced until now where the car would make its first appearance.

The car was introduced at the VW stockholders’ meeting as the most economical car in the world!

The initial objective of the prototype was to prove that 1 litre of fuel could deliver 100 kilometres of travel.

Its Spartan interior does not sacrifice safety; the impact and roll-over protection is comparable to a GT racing car.

The aero design proved essential to getting the desired result.

The body is 3.47 meters long and just 1.25 meters wide, and a little over a meter high. The prototype was made completely of carbon fibre and is not painted to save weight.

The power plant is a one cylinder diesel, positioned ahead of the rear axle and combined with an automatic shift controlled by a knob in the interior.

The Most Economic Car in the World will be on sale next year.

Better than Electric Car – 258 miles/gallon: IPO 2010 in Shanghai, a single-seat car, from conception to production, 3 years. The company is head-quartered in Hamburg, Germany. Will be selling for 4000 Yuan, equivalent to US$600.

Gas tank capacity = 1.7 gallons (6.4 Litres)
Speed = 62 – 74.6 Miles/hour (100 - 120 km per hour)
Fuel efficiency = 258 miles/gallon (0.9L per 100 km)
Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles (650 km)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Wow that's incredible and brilliant. Just owning a car is a major life goal in china. To the extent that many working class families will save for a decade just to purchase a cheap (by our standards) runaround car.

Geez VW is going to rake in the dough and they deserve every penny of it.

Not sure how popular it will be in the west though. It does look extremely dorky.

At that price,,, it wouldn't have any luxuries,,, including air-conditioning!!!
We Have Elvis !!

I'm sure the Chinese will find a way of cramming more than one person in to it or attaching a trailer in which they can carry two people and a pig.

Only available in China?

I want two.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Only available in China?

I want two.

As far as I know, yes, only China. Maybe they'll make a version for India too. That would undercut Tata, although Tata's is a two seater,

As a wise 8-year-old once looked over her freckled nose and said to me, "Well, shit."
I bid NO Trump!

Brilliant!!!!

Unfortunately...I get claustrophobic just looking at it...

Can you imagine this thing in the U.S., next to all the SUVs and pick-ups? You'll need a death wish, to buy one. I'm sure they deliver it together with a form for a last will and organ donor pass...
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

The concept is awesome..
If The Volkswagen Group can build that for $600..
Then they could produce something just a little bit larger and American friendly for $1200-$1500 dollars.. just so wouldn't get mangled by a driver texting and driving in a Cadillac Escalade.
I'd be ready to roll..