Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Christmas Thread Idea.
Anyone think this is a nice idea for a christmas game thread?

The concept goes a bit like this:
I will start by explaining how the regestering works:
Every member who would like to be involved posts a message/sends me a PM telling me they would like to take part.

I add their name to a list of which i will keep up to date in. But in the thread will be displayed with NUMBERS only. so say i had 15 participants i would list it like so:

Each number representing a member.
Say two/three weeks before christmas, i will STOP taking requests to take part, and i will randomly assign a member to each number.
Then, each member who has chosen to take part will request a number from the list, once a number is chosen, it will be marked off the list as TAKEN.
For example someone requests 11

[SIZE=3]1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]2

11 TAKEN

Once a number is requested(Preferably in the thread), I reveal to the requester which member they have chosen in the thread. At which point they must FIND a present for the member which they will like on the internet. It can be anything. A video, a Poem, A picture(Taken personally would be a nice gesture.:biggrinSmile, a interesting artical of infomation. ECT. It really is up to you to decide what the other person might like, keep it clean though:tongue:.
Of course, if you want to, you could ask them what kind of thing they would like, but it might ruin the surprise.Rolleyes

And on Christmas day, you reveal what you found for the person in the thread!:biggrinSadOr not, but let us know what you thought you thought of your presents in the thread, otherwise the games alittle......pointless.:redfaceSmile
Its all just a bit of fun. so don't take any of it too hard if your not keen on your present ECT It's the thought that counts right?

Anyone think this is an interesting idea? Or you think its a bit too complicated/silly:redface:?(I know i haven't explained it too well, but it's one of my weaknesses)

Oh, and i will probably call the thread "The GS Christmas Tree".
Let me know what you think.Confusedmile:[/SIZE]
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

That sounds like a nice idea. It is the thought that counts, after all. I am not sure whether people would consider it too complicated or not. If so, maybe everyone could just post virtual gifts for anyone they cared to, or who requested/gave one?

it's cute Smile i'd give it a shot... can I be number 3?

I am not a huge fan of Christmas but I do like you Genersis so I would particpate :biggrin:..it sounds interesting and kinda fun.

I will participate! This sounds fun!

Sure why the hell not

Sil, you can't have number three, since the numbers will be dealt out randomly... If everyone knows you're number three, they'll know who they are choosing.

I take it people could make more than one Internet present if they wished, but that's a private affair.

Count me in Genz.

Hmmm. I didn't think anyone would be interested.:redface:
I will start taking names imidiatly.(Once i'm on my laptop:redfaceSmile
Anyone else interested?Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Me! For sure.