Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
were you shy before your coming out?
No, I wasn't shy either. Coming out helps me to express more freedom to be who I am as a gay guy and as a human. It elevates my confidence. It also helps to confirm my vision of who I would like to be in the future.

i'm generally a very shy person ~~
it's nothing to do with my sexuality , because i've pretty much always been "out" . but since making lots of changes to myself (physical and mental) , i've definitely noticed a difference in how shy i am . it's been easier for me to talk on the phone/post pictures of myself on facebook/go out to bars (although someone i know still has to come with me) and various other things lately , which is definitely think is due to the many changes i've made in my life

so i guess that i can see how other people would become less shy after coming out , because that's also a pretty big life changing moment ~~~.

I was really shy long time ago but with the time I have get over and after coming out I see life in a more relax way and I simply BE myself and not shy anymore. There are no fears

still am shy.

I dont think coming out would change your shyness or not, think you have to look for more confidence in your self first,
When i came out noting changed for me i was still the exact same may have lost a few "Friends" but losing them made me grow and make better "Real" Friends as much as family goes , family should always care no matter what and if they dont after you come out , i would just pretend they dont exist anymore

I'm much more shy in person than I am online. In person, I open up a lot as I get to know a person.

Heck Ive been out 12 years, been in my relationship nearly 10 (with its ups and downs!) and Im STILL shy LoL.

I dont think there are any clear rules on when you stop being shy, I guess its just in your personality thats moulded in your early development years.

ObW

Yes and No. because i was shy even when i knew i was gay. I was mostly afraid at how people would take me when i came out.

No, but my thinking improved after I came out, mostly due to not needing to waste faculties on anxiety over "who knows". And now I have a backbone.