Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Coming Out Experience
It happened when I was with my mom in the car. Just the two of us, and she suddenly starts saying, "I just don't get you. You had a wonderful boyfriend who you just threw away and you keep on going to women who just end up hurting you."

I replied with, "Kay (my counselor) thinks I am a Lesbian."

That pissed my mom right off. She started yelling at me about my counselor not knowing everything. She said, "Its night like you've ever had sex with a woman! Why are you turning away from men?!"

I paused. My sex life. The one thing I NEVER shared with my mother because God, isn't that an embarrassing topic? At least for me it is. But anyway, I very calmly and coolly said, "Mom. I have had sex with a woman."

My mom shut right up. After a few moments of silence she said, "Oh. I didn't know that. I didn't realize you were that serious."

I told her, "Of all people I thought you would understand the most." Because she has been pro-gay rights since I can remember, and her favorite band is the Indigo Girls. I thought she would have no problem accepting me, but she did. As long as it wasn't her daughter it was fine. But it IS her daughter and I think this conversation led her a bit more closer to accepting me. So while it was painful, I'm glad it happened.

Bright Blessings,
Elfie

It sounds like your mom will com around, you just shocked her a bit is all. Some people need time to accept things, especially when it's about someone they love.

I will keep that in mind. I forget how shocking news like that can be. But yes I agree with you, she will come around. Smile

Elfie

Blue Wrote:It sounds like your mom will com around, you just shocked her a bit is all. Some people need time to accept things, especially when it's about someone they love.

Moment of clarity for your mother there. She sounds like she was in a bit of denial but should be okay with you being a lesbian. I dont usually say this because it can coudn so insincere but you two are going to be fine!

gay bi or straight it really dosnt matter, so long as your partner loves and supports you and from your post maybe your not fully out to your self yet. Explore your feelings as you have been but dont expect your parents to immediately be there on something you have been dealing with your whole life.

I hope your parents come around because being open with your parents can help if they choose to be supportive. I

Maybe I'm not fully out to myself...I think that is true. I thought I knew my sexual identity, but the other day I saw a man who I felt immediately attracted to and felt the urge to talk to him. I didn't. I'm not that confident, but if I like women why do I feel this way for a man? I'm kind of scratching my head and wondering if I really AM bisexual after all.

You know, gender and sex doesn't matter. You should fall in love with a person, a Human Being, whatever gender or sex they are. Maybe I am more pansexual. Maybe I couldn't have sex with my ex-bf because he just wasn't the one. Maybe it had nothing to do with my sexual identity. I didn't find him all that attractive. I think that was another factor in my decision to call it off.

Bright Blessings,
Elfie

ElfiexElfSeeker Wrote:Maybe I'm not fully out to myself...I think that is true. I thought I knew my sexual identity, but the other day I saw a man who I felt immediately attracted to and felt the urge to talk to him. I didn't. I'm not that confident, but if I like women why do I feel this way for a man? I'm kind of scratching my head and wondering if I really AM bisexual after all.

You know, gender and sex doesn't matter. You should fall in love with a person, a Human Being, whatever gender or sex they are. Maybe I am more pansexual. Maybe I couldn't have sex with my ex-bf because he just wasn't the one. Maybe it had nothing to do with my sexual identity. I didn't find him all that attractive. I think that was another factor in my decision to call it off.

Bright Blessings,
Elfie

I like this..........makes sense in a round about way to me...........

There is no rush for you Elfie......enjoy life and don't get hung up about your sexual orientation............just go with the flow and enjoy.
You are bright and you will be okay.......... I just know it.
take care
LL x

Hello,
Congrats on coming out... I find that coming out takes the whole world off ya shoulders and once its done you find the true person within... Smile big hugz xxxxxxxx

ElfiexElfSeeker Wrote:Maybe I'm not fully out to myself...I think that is true. I thought I knew my sexual identity, but the other day I saw a man who I felt immediately attracted to and felt the urge to talk to him. I didn't. I'm not that confident, but if I like women why do I feel this way for a man? I'm kind of scratching my head and wondering if I really AM bisexual after all.

Bright Blessings,
Elfie

I like this as well.
I often feel that I could be pansexual based on my thought that just because one person has a penis and another with a vagina, that doesn't mean you cannot fall in love with them. But for now, I'm gay Nerd-smiley

Bright blessings to you, Elfie

im out but not many care