Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Conversation With Yourself
What advice would the present you give to your past younger self if possible?
AND
What advice would the present you give to your future older self if possible?

Emiliano Wrote:What advice would the present you give to your past younger self if possible?

I know it is tough as hell..but it will be worth it....really really worth it....so hang in there and stay on your path...

Quote:What advice would the present you give to your future older self if possible?

EAT CLEAN! Remember...sugar products ...and the "ose" family...like fructose corn syrup and dextrose...will put you in your grave..so have some fruit..and keep your body alkaline. Your health is the most important thing you have now...so take care of it.

Basically, I'd just give a heads up on what was coming, and not what to do but things to keep in mind. As for any "wisdom" I've gained...my younger self would not be ready to hear it (unless 15 or younger in which case I don't think she/I could properly understand it).

And to my older self...I'd also ask for heads up and what to keep in mind, I don't think I'm in much of a position to tell my older self anything as I'm not there, at least not until I've had some time to learn (but assuming "you get one hour" or less then I wouldn't plan on telling her anything, just asking questions).

I have thought about how I've changed over the years. Interesting enough my 16-year-old self would like who I am today, but my 17-year-old self would think I was a sell out and resolve to never let herself become me.

I kind of agree with [MENTION=14705]Pix[/MENTION], not sure my younger self would understand what I had to say... depends on how much younger. What I wish is there had been an older me to guide me through my younger years... up through my early 20s... on a more or less regular basis. I would like to tell him to not be so afraid of life but the fact is I don't think people become less fearful just by hearing from someone else that they needn't be as fearful as they are. It takes a steady hand through time and encouragement. There are specifics here I'm going to keep to myself.

As for my "older self" ....ummm.... I'm already him. I don't think I'm going to be any different at 80 (assuming I get there) than I am right now... just "older yet". Beyond that, I'm really not looking forward to getting physically weak and senile, so, don't really WANT to live much past that, even if I could. (ETA: 80 is ONLY 13 years away! Which suggests to me if there is anything I want to do that I haven't yet done, I'd better get on it!)

By the way, I think this is an interesting exercise and I actually DO talk to my "younger self" in my imagination a lot... and have since around age 30 or so. I think it helps! AND... come to think of it.... as a kid/teen I used to imagine meeting ME, it was kind of vague (found it difficult to imagine what how I'd turn out) and now I know WHY! LOL!!!

My past self: invest everything you can in Google and Facebook. Drop out of school if you have to, but work as much as you can and invest every single penny you make in Google. Once the millions start rolling in from Google,at this point you can stop working as much and continue school over work, but study finances as much as you can and invest in Facebook and Twitter ASAP. Once you become a billionaire you can liquidate it and start living the high life.
My future self: forget what I have to say to you, you're the older wiser one, you tell me! What's going to be the next Google or Microsoft? Tell me what stock to buy ASAP so you can become filthy stinking rich!

Present to younger: Don't crap in your pants.
Present to older: Don't crap in your pants.

Emiliano Wrote:What advice would the present you give to your past younger self if possible?

to not be such a jerk to my mom. i wasn't the worst, but i got pretty bad sometimes, and my mom really didn't deserve any of that.

Quote:What advice would the present you give to your future older self if possible?

N/A.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I'd tell myself to either go into editing while i was in early college, skipping what I'm doing now, or to find a better major.

No clue what I'd tell my future self, but I'd say to him make sure your'e having fun.

Past: everything you Will go through life is part of being who you are and Will make you the person you want to be and Will be until life turns you into dust.
Future: I sure hope you are benefitting from all the exercises, physically and mentally activities, treating our body as a temple and all the healthy balanced eating. Because I sacrificed a lot of cheesecake for us!!!

Chase Wrote:My past self: invest everything you can in Google and Facebook. Drop out of school if you have to, but work as much as you can and invest every single penny you make in Google. Once the millions start rolling in from Google,at this point you can stop working as much and continue school over work, but study finances as much as you can and invest in Facebook and Twitter ASAP. Once you become a billionaire you can liquidate it and start living the high life.
My future self: forget what I have to say to you, you're the older wiser one, you tell me! What's going to be the next Google or Microsoft? Tell me what stock to buy ASAP so you can become filthy stinking rich!

All the alternating the past movies, series and books I have seen or read it does end wel.. Heck even in Family Guy it did not end well. So stay in school finish your degree and work your way up! Confusedmile:Confusedmile: