Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Paintings
I figured I'd share a few of my paintings (the ones I have pictures of) with everyone. Smile I have painted many, but like I mentioned, I didn't photograph them all and now I really regret it. I'm sure i could hunt down the people who bought them and tried to get a snap-shot, but hey, what can I say.... I'm lazy.

Anyway, here we go:
[Image: gingertwigpainting.jpg]
The photos are a bit big, but this is the one I'm currently working on. Hair is quite obviously a big thing for me and I pride myself on my big hair and think I like to bestow upon the women in my paintings the same tangled mess. XD

[Image: broken.jpg]
This one I finished not too long ago, and it is a self-portrait of sorts. A scoche on the Surreal side, obviously, but it is to symbolize my broken heart. Boo-hoo, I know. Tongue

[Image: thegalspaintings.jpg]
This is a pair of paintings that I did, one right after the other, and for some reason, I find that I can't separate them. While they don't match, they go together somehow. I just call them the lovers. XD

[Image: oldcallame.jpg]
This is one of the first paintings I did. It is also a self portrait (I always paint myself androgynously) and it is to symbolize that my love is 'strangling' me, for lack of a better word.

I do wish I had more I could show, but I just can't seem to find any pictures of the others. If I find them, I'll be sure to post them. Smile

really nice paintings...!!

and i can see hair is really a big thing to you :p

can't wait to see more!

Oh! Wow, that was quick! You, sir, are on the ball. Wink
And thank you very much. I hope I find time to paint more! Recently, I've been dedicating most of my time to reading and writing in my journal (I can't decide if I feel more like a 12 year old girl with a diary or a crazy old witch with her spellbook when I write in it). XD

Very nice job, 452!

I am really loving the one you're currently working on!
Excited to see the outcome of that one and many more. Smile

Well thanks. Big Grin
I'll be sure to post it up when I finish it.
Who knows how long that will take, though? It's been just like that for months. Tongue

I love em! You make the hair flow just perfectly in each one. But definitely, the one with the dark purple background is my favorite Big Grin I'm probably wrong, but are these done in Acrylic?

Wow, these are nice!
I really like the "self-protrait of sorts."
You're very talented; thanks for sharing your work!
I look forward to seeing more. Confusedmile:

i really intruly love and enjoy your drawings 452
so are all those you in the pics
i really want to see some more

one word EXCELLENTConfusedmile:

Fayt Wrote:I love em! You make the hair flow just perfectly in each one. But definitely, the one with the dark purple background is my favorite Big Grin I'm probably wrong, but are these done in Acrylic?

Hair is a big deal for me. Smile I must be an ancestor of the peoples that believed that all the power lies in the hair. XD I was distraught when I cut mine, even getting layers put in it. I can't wait for it to grow back so I can grow it down to my ankles. Wink

And yes! They're in acrylic. Good eye. Smile I would like to take up oil painting, but I just paid a fortune for all my acrylics, so i figure I'll hold off awhile or until I use all the acrylic up. Painting is by no means a cheap hobby if you're going to go all out.

azulai Wrote:Wow, these are nice!
I really like the "self-portrait of sorts."
You're very talented; thanks for sharing your work!
I look forward to seeing more. Confusedmile:

I think that's the one I put most emotion into. I was in a lot of pain at the time, and while it (to me anyway) doesn't have a melancholy vibe to it, I think it gives off a deeper feel.

toomuch45 Wrote:i really intruly love and enjoy your drawings 452
so are all those you in the pics
i really want to see some more

one word EXCELLENTConfusedmile:

Oh, no, really! You're too much! Aha! Sorry, I kill myself (with awful puns) sometimes. XD No they aren't all me, just..... the one with the moon and the one with the calla lily. Smile Or rather, the ones with no complete faces.

Oh, also, (sorry for double posting, but....eh) here's a doodle of mine, accompanied by a poem. Actually, the doodle accompanies the poem, but whatever, who cares. XD This is what i used to do during Spanish class. Realllllllllly productive. Wink

[Image: PoemPiece.jpg]
The poem reads:

"And with these things,
I am bound,
Shackled to this Material World,

Break the chains,
Let bands fall free,
And wind carry you,
So gracefully,
Away. Forever more...

Dance, cry, rejoice,
In all that is,