Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Majority of Gay Couples Have 'Arrangements' For Outside Sex
it's skewed stats and if this forum allowed shorter posts I'd have simply typed "rubbish"
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I'm not sure I understand what is meant by arrangements for sex with other people.

Is this study implying that all LGBT people are having open relationships or that they're monogamous but laying rules for "cheating" behaviour which shouldn't happen?

What do you do? Make a chart and post it on the refrigerator? I'm trying to imagine a conversation in which something that is at base an emotion is parceled out as if it were slices at a cake. What happens when this subscripted garden of sexual Eden goes Boing and someone can't or won't or just flat isn't even there. What's the answer? Find a substitute? Look, I feel in love with a man, I lived with him, slept with him and did all the sexual things you seem to be able to divvy up. Sure we didn't always feel like it, but at that moment the only problem was for the one feeling frisky to try and help the one feeling down out of pain or whatever their problem might be. And on not a few occasions, that meant just leaving them alone. I don't think the word monogamous ever came up, it's just something we were. Open relationships? That's your choice but ultimately it's a dangerous one. A friend of mine is in prison and has told his wife that she can "get a little dick" but he goes on to specify how much, what kind, what the no-nos are.....he's doing 15 to 20, how long do you think his instructions will hold? Not very long as she's having her second child since his incarceration. People it's a matter of I love you and you love me. If that's true, you don't need charts, and regulations to keep you happy. And, now that I think of all this cod wallops, here's something else to thing about as you're plotting happiness; "Happiness can be cured."

Good God, the one I've got gives me enough aggravation, why would I ask for more by screwing around with other people? We decided early on that it's hard enough to make a relationship work as it is...it seems to me that sex with other people and all the attendant "rules" would just make things all the more difficult. And to be honest, I have no real interest.

Who's got time for another man!!!! I'm to busy cleaning up after the one I've got now. Besides, I've got this one trained after 38 years together,,,, well,,, almost trained - He still prefers to pee in the back yard instead of using a proper toilet, and I've given up on getting him to clean-up after himself.

I read a couple years ago about a study done on gay couples in San Francisco where I believe 54% said they were in open relationships. You would probably get a different result from other large towns such as Austin, Texas where there's a large gay population, or small towns like where I live.

My personal opinion is we should strive for a monogamous relationship, but allow room for mistakes, if they happen. As an example:

1.. One drunken night, after 10 years of marriage, you wake up with a stranger - is most likely a mistake.

2. One drunken night in a Bath House orgy with over a hundred men -is not a dream come true, and is not a mistake I would be willing to accept.
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Who's got time for another man!!!! I'm to busy cleaning up after the one I've got now. Besides, I've got this one trained after 38 years together,,,, well,,, almost trained - He still prefers to pee in the back yard instead of using a proper toilet, and I've given up on getting him to clean-up after himself.

I read a couple years ago about a study done on gay couples in San Francisco where I believe 54% said they were in open relationships. You would probably get a different result from other large towns such as Austin, Texas where there's a large gay population, or small towns like where I live.

My personal opinion is we should strive for a monogamous relationship, but allow room for mistakes, if they happen. As an example:

1.. One drunken night, after 10 years of marriage, you wake up with a stranger - is most likely a mistake.

2. One drunken night in a Bath House orgy with over a hundred men -is not a dream come true, and is not a mistake I would be willing to accept.
He's got you trained too by the sound of it. [emoji12] I would love to hear his version. Love your candor! My George helps with the chores enough to keep me thankful. Now if I can just get him to stop cursing like a sailor in front of his family. [emoji15]
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:He's got you trained too by the sound of it. [emoji12] I would love to hear his version. Love your candor! My George helps with the chores enough to keep me thankful. Now if I can just get him to stop cursing like a sailor in front of his family. [emoji15]

If my husband ever got a chance to tell his side of the story,,, I'd be dead meat around here (big grin) After all, ones cyber space image is everything!!!!
We Have Elvis !!

meninlove Wrote:Well............no.
I think what Cash meant was that every couple does have an agreement about outside sex, even if that agreement is that it is not done.

when I here the words "Outside sex" I always think of this :

We Have Elvis !!

I would never think of doing this.. it's basically cheating. Would like a man to want only me not with another guy.. ;/