Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Slight Dilemma
Hey all, as you can tell, i'm pretty new to this forum, but after looking through quite a few topics, it seems like a great place with many genuine people. So, I decided I would post my current situation with a guy and get some feedback. Lol, i'm a bit nervous, to be completely honest.

So...i've been doing online dating for quite some time. I have a profile on three different dating sites as well as grindr (though i'm not looking for hook ups). I have went on quite a few dates and very few of these people I would define as very interesting.

So anyway, long story (somewhat) short, I started talking to a guy since, I believe, August. From the moment I began talking to him, I was able to connect. We have some things in common, and we get along really well. The problem is, we have still not met in person. Why? Because he currently attends University and is usually always busy; though he apparently graduates in 2015, so that's good.

Whenever he's at home (such as right now) he has to help his parents with their restaurant which takes many hours of his day. We have spoken quite a bit; by text, by phone; I even leave him voice mails from time to time, which he loves.

Early on, i'd say within the first month of speaking with him, he told me not to put my dating life on hold for him. It stung a bit when he said that, but I didn't. I proceeded to continue dating and I was eager to see where "fate" would take me. However, while I have met a few people I was definitely interested in since he told me that, a relationship between myself and those people never ended up happening for various reasons.

I stopped talking to him until around Halloween when he contacted me on his own as he had time to breathe since he wasn't swamped by school work anymore. Eventually, I did share some of my feelings with him and told him how different he was to me. I told him how he makes me feel at times, and how I feel nervous asking him to hang out and all that. To which he responded by saying it was a cute trait. I learned that through all this dating I desired him a little more. I guess because every guy I had the opportunity to meet were underwhelming compared to him.

I don't know what else to say really. Like I said, i've been interested in guys before, but this is the first time i've felt this way about a guy. I have never felt any type of way when asking to hang out either; either they accept and we do, or they beat around the bush and we don't and I move the hell on. But with this guy, i'm almost afraid of the answer.

I would ask if he's interested in me, but I believe i've seen enough hints saying that he is; possibly. What I want to ask is, do any of you think a potential relationship is feasible knowing we haven't met in person yet, despite speaking for a few months?

I know, I must sound weird to even consider a relationship with one I haven't met in person. But I believe I can feel optimistic about him as I know what he looks like (not just from pictures, as i've seen video too) and we know each other enough now that we both know our personalities mesh.

I just want to know if my optimism is misguided. Will my wishful thinking come back to bite me in the ass? And were any of you ever in similar circumstances?