Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Strange Prayer Breakfast Speech by Phil Robertson
Pix Wrote:But what I'm curious about is how did this even come up? :confused:

I clicked on the Right Wing Watch but some ad wanting me to sign up wouldn't go away and I couldn't read it (what little I could suggested they didn't answer it).

They did a couple other stories on the speech. Here is some more of what he had to say about liberals:

Quote:I gave you four ideologies in the last one hundred years, I see a pattern. You say, ‘why do they do what they do, why is there always murder?’ You know what the scary thing is? The fifth ideology right in behind all of this bunch of stuff we’re dealing with now, has its roots in the United States of America? You know how many they’ve killed? You say, ‘who are they?’ People call them left-wing loons, Bill O’Reilly calls them, political correct crowd, orthodox liberal opinion. You say, ‘what are they famous for?’ They’ve killed 63 million of their own children. 63 million. More than Hitler, more than Stalin. We’re slaughtering ourselves. You say, ‘who is behind it?’ Their father is, he was a murderer, from the beginning, they are slaves to sin, they are controlled by the Evil One. Duh.

Any Jesus with them? No, no. They don’t want Biblical correctness, no siree, they will not touch this, they are trying to get around it, they want political correctness. Well, what is it? What is political correctness? Orthodox liberal opinion in matters of sexuality, race, gender. They’re arguing and debating is there a difference between a male and a female? I’m like, dude, go in the bathroom, take your clothes off and take a look, you’ll figure it out.

Satan was a murderer from the beginning not holding to the truth so there’s no truth in him, when he lies — am I dreaming? Have you ever heard this many lies coming out of Washington D.C. since you’ve been on the earth? Have you ever heard more? You say where in the world is it coming from? They champion perversion, they champion murder, aborting their children and they are champions of lies. I mean I’m listening to them and thinking, ‘dude, what?’

‘Yeah, this bunch here, they’re the kind that clings to their guns and their bibles,’ I’m thinking, yeah, we may need them. How in tarnation do you think we ran the Brits back to where they came from back there 240 years ago? It took guns and it took bibles, right? You better stay with what brought you. He was a murderer from the beginning, there’s no truth in him and when he lies he speaks his native language, the relationship between these guys and Satan. He is a liar and the Father of Lies.

Ahh, must be that good old christian love and kindness we hear so much about Rolleyes

East Wrote:Maybe the devil hired him to turn people away from Christianity! BwahahahahaaSalooklFiredevilDevilfinger

Maybe so, ha ha. This is a map from a recent poll in the U.S. about religious affiliation. This map shows the states where significant portions of the population identify as not religious.

[Image: 2629E35A00000578-2973128-Unaffiliated_Th...670932.jpg]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...story.html

Everybody knows that Uncle Si is the brains of the outfit. I am afraid that Phil has eaten too much possum stew.
I bid NO Trump!

Iceblink Wrote:Maybe so, ha ha. This is a map from a recent poll in the U.S. about religious affiliation. This map shows the states where significant portions of the population identify as not religious.

[Image: 2629E35A00000578-2973128-Unaffiliated_Th...670932.jpg]

I feel so isolated all of a sudden.

Lex

Phil Robertson is a right-wing-religious-nut-job who gets paid to spout his crazy opinions about what the christian god thinks. His interpretation of the christian bible is slowly dying out as humans are more intelligent and depend less on some nut-job like him to decipher what the christian scriptures say.

In my opinion, Robertson is making his own religion look bad, and is part of the reason why so many are leaving the hard-line christian churches and opting to use their own brains to decide what to believe in.

Personally, I wouldn't follow any god who is a genocidal, mass murdering, baby killer - as depicted in the old testament. My morals wouldn't allow me to accept such a god............

Respectfully,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

"In my opinion, Robertson is making his own religion look bad, and is part of the reason why so many are leaving the hard-line christian churches and opting to use their own brains to decide what to believe in."

I wonder, Jim. It seems that what we hear more and more of is the growth of fundamentalist churches and preachers and not the prosperity of mainline denominations that offer a more balanced viewpoint.
I bid NO Trump!

Actually, [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION], Protestant denominations seem to be shrinking as a percentage of the population in the U.S., but those of the conservative fundamentalists denominations see their world changing in a way they do not like and so they are very vocal and very angry and pretty well organized. For the first time in the U.S., those who identify as belonging to one of the Christian Protestant denominations make up less than half the population. Unfortunately for the Protestants that are not right wing conservatives, the damage in attendance to their churches probably has some blame from the image Christianity in the U.S. gets from those conservative Christians.

From today in religion, an Arizona state Senator would like to see church attendance something that is mandatory.

http://www.kpho.com/story/28620533/az-se...-mandatory

Your observation about the mainliners is exactly what I was saying, Iceblink. The fundies are running scared and loud but, worse yet, they are attracting fellow travelers in droves. The anti-intellectual bent to the right wing religionists is well known and as Barnum said, "You will never go broke underestimating the taste of the American public."

For my own peace of mind, my religion becomes more personal in the face of this tide. I can't help but think that may be what is happening with others also.
I bid NO Trump!