Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Well Dressed Man
[Image: Chuck.jpg]

Does this count as a well dressed man?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:[Image: Chuck.jpg]

Does this count as a well dressed man?

Yep,,, sure does... I can see you in a nice log cabin, drinking beer, and line-dancing to Disco music. My brain is all rattled so I may not make much sense, but it looks hot to me..

Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!

[MENTION=14580]CellarDweller[/MENTION] Hell yeah that counts! The mark of a well dressed man is in how quickly others want to undress him completely. Evil_lol

Tight with the jeans if you can pull it off, but not with dress pants. It may give somebody a thrill but it does not look dressy at all.

Being well dressed has a lot to do with being appropriately dressed for the occasion. A business meeting is not the place to strut your stuff any more than it is right to wear white tie and tails to Saturday brunch at the deli.
I bid NO Trump!

These are the trends for Fall/Winter 2015.

Quote:...Luxurious furs, a neo-Seventies revival and Bordeaux-based palettes, Winter 2015 is set to be stylish. A British fashion movement that plays with genres and ignores the conventional male uniform has finally found its way to the great Italian and French fashion houses...
.......................................................-Vogue
[Image: Fur.jpg]
1. Fur

Fur for men had a surprisingly strong presence on the runways, bringing a deluge of ostentatious and opulent styles. Stepping out of the discreet shadow cast by cropped fur are more luxurious, showstopping styles.

We'll be wearing it in black, brown, to the thigh, to the knee, 3/4 and, always oversized.

From left to right: Paul Smith, Dunhill, J.W.Anderson
[Image: Neo_Seventies.jpg]
2. Neo-Seventies

Undeniably the main theme this season, the influence of rebels and rock that underpinned the famous fashions of the 1970s is front and center once more, from flyaway collars to flares and graphic details. The style subtly echoes back to the 1970s, allowing for a totally modern interpretation of the look.

From left to right: Marni, J.W.Anderson, Gucci
[Image: Androgynous.jpg]
3. Androgynous

The shock trend of the season is the revised take on masculinity, a trend spearheaded by J.W.Anderson who blurred gender boundaries, in a subtle and delicate statement alongside Gucci and Loewe.

From left to right: Gucci, Loewe, J.W.Anderson
[Image: Burgandy.jpg]
4. Burgundy

With an appearance in all of the biggest shows, burgundy is the clear frontrunner for color of the season. Winter calls for warm, comforting tones such as the wine or purple shades showcased by Lanvin, Dior Homme, Valentino, Berluti and Alexander McQueen.

From left to right: Valentino, Lanvin, Alexander McQueen
[Image: The_Baggy_Trouser.jpg]
5. The baggy trouser

Baggy trousers are overtaking straight-legged or skinny cuts this winter, with the loose fit creating a whole new silhouette favored by Lanvin, Margiela and Wooyoungmi.

From left to right: Ami, Lanvin, Maison Martin Margiela
[Image: The_Oversize_Coat.jpg]
6. The oversized coat

The best way to stay warm in the peak of winter in 2015 is to swap your parka for an oversized coat in double-layered cashmere, padded or alpaca wool.

From left to right: Lanvin, Wooyoungmi, Dries Van Noten
[Image: The_Flare.jpg]
7. The flare

The runway was dominated by a throwback to the 1970s this season. A strange sight to this generation, wide, flared pant-legs are making a comeback for Fall. Get ready to show your style credentials.

From left to right: Marni, Raf Simons, J.W.Anderson
[Image: The_Long_Scarf.jpg]
8. The long scarf

A long scarf with a slightly aristocratic air is the favored companion of a refined look this winter, whether it's tied around the neck or hidden under the shirt, cowboy-style.

From left to right: Gucci, Wooyoungmi, Bottega Veneta
[Image: The_Rollneck.jpg]
9. The rollneck

The rollneck never really left winter wardrobes, but it's making a style comeback worn in new ways for the new season. Layering is key, under a shirt or Nineties minimalist-style, as seen at Lanvin, Maison Martin Margiela and J.W.Anderson.

From left to right: Ami, Lanvin, Maison Martin Margiela
[Image: Shearling.jpg]
10. Shearling

Your best friend this winter, shearling never fails to turn heads and makes its way back into our winter wardrobes year after year. J.W.Anderson, Burberry Prorsum, Dior Homme and Fendi all made sure to showcase shearling in their collections.

From left to right: J.W.Anderson, Fendi, Burberry Prorsum
[Image: The_Leather_Pant.jpg]
11. The leather pant

Hermès, Margiela, Ann Demeulemeester and Umit Benan have all resurrected the leather trouser in luxurious. Skin on skin, it's all or nothing with this look.

From left to right: J.W.Anderson, Maison Martin Margiela, Hermès
[Image: Three_Quarter_Length_Coat.jpg]
12. The three-quarter length coat

The optimum length for the season, your Fall/Winter coat should reach just below the knee for a sharp, distinct allure as demonstrated by Dior, Lanvin, Dries Van Noten and Wooyoungmi.

From left to right: Calvin Klein Collection, Lanvin, Ami
[Image: Leopard_Print.jpg]
13. Leopard print

Fashion's risk-takers will love one of the season's most daring trends, channeling the rock 'n' roll essence of a latter day Kurt Cobain with leopard print for men making a bold reappearance in your winter wardrobe. Calvin Klein Collection uses various shades of gray, while Saint Laurent and Burberry stay true to the original print.

From left to right: Hedi Slimane for Saint Laurent, Burberry Prorsum, Calvin Klein
[Image: Brown.jpg]
14. Brown

Brown and its many shades are making a remarkable comeback and dusting off their fusty image, with burgundy emerging as the color of the season.

From left to right: Maison Martin Margiela, Berluti, Wooyoungmi
[Image: Velvet.jpg]
15. Velvet

A staple of the preppy look, whether it's trousers or a jacket, velvet is making a comeback. We have our eye on the XXL Fendi corduroy trousers, Bottega Veneta's casual spin on the look and this velvet suit by Alexander McQueen.

From left to right: Fendi, Alexander McQueen, Bottega Veneta
__________________________________________________________________________________

These are just guide lines... Things your likely to see this Fall/Winter in NYC and on fashionistas all over the country. You can find inexpensive alternates that will serve just as well as their pricey inspirations. You may even find a style or a coat that you really love and spend more cash on it.

I'm not a clothes horse. I've found my own style over the years, and generally I stick to it. Do what feel right to you. Wear what excites you and makes you happy. Clothes should elevate the wearer, not oppress them.

xx

LJay Wrote:A business meeting is not the place to strut your stuff any more than it is right to wear white tie and tails to Saturday brunch at the deli.

a guy dressed in white tie and a tails probably won't be having his brunch in a deli. otherwise, nothing wrong with that.
''Do I look civilized to you?''