Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A beautiful gift from nature.
I was just throwing something in the bin this morning , when I looked up at the big old tree in our backyard , the most beautiful sight greeted me.
I quickly ran for my camera and thought I would share this with you all.

These are Rosella's their beautiful plumage looked like it was on fire as the rising sun bathed them in it's glow.

[Image: onfire-003-copy-3.gif]

[Image: onfire004copy.jpg]

wow that a beautiful bird thanks for sharing

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, mum!

I've been enjoying the progress of some Robins. Every year they make a nest under my parents' deck. This year we had three babies! Then it's fun watching the mum have three little guys following her around squawking for her to feed them and they are almost as big as she is! :biggrin:

Rosellas are held as pets here. It's very nice to see them outside a cage.

Up here we get a lot of different parrots and beautiful birds because just over the hill is Currumbin Wldlife Sanctuary...formerly known as Currumbin Bird Sanctuary.

Its actually a pleasure to sit outside on a peaceful mild afternoon and hear their songs.

Nature is so beautiful ^_^

Any chance of some pictures of the Robins family Azulai ?
You have to have a breeders license to have them here Nick .

The benefits of living near the river , beautiful birds all the time, I am glad you enjoyed them,I will try to get a picture of the Galas during Bindi- i grass bur season.
It's an awesome sight .

Rainbowmum Wrote:You have to have a breeders license to have them here Nick .

what a surprise... Anyone can have them here. But people usually don't because they are said to be noisy and harder to tame than other birds (cockatiels, or budgies)

They are beautiful mum! Thanks for sharing!Xyxthumbs

I have been having a love affair with the birds who live in my fig trees for the past couple of years...i spend alot of time just observing them and it is very rewarding.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing Smile