Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bisexual woman told me that many bisexuals can't be monogamous
This happened on another site where a bisexual woman got in a fight because she was being biphobic . She wrote a post saying that many bisexuals can't be monogamous and have a problem with monogamy , she said that because many bisexuals have fluid sexuality they will for a few years have their attractions shift from men to women or women to men depending and I can't expect them to be monogamous to me for the rest of their life . She is also having trouble in her relationship which she's been in for 28 years and her girlfriend and her usually does 3 ways with guys together to keep the marriage together , but now she said she is craving men and wants to sleep with men badly but is fighting it .she claims to be a monogamous bisexual . She also hates monogamy and thinks it's not possible for humans or bisexuals . She also said if she were a lesbian or straight she would be wary of dating bisexuals , I told that some bisexuals can be monogamous to their partners and she told me she was trying to open my eyes and that I couldn't handle the truth . One of my friends who is also lesbian said that after learning this she will be only dating lesbians the same woman then turned around and called her biphobic . I'm also feeling the same way as my friend but I'm still open to dating bisexual women . Another bisexual person ended up getting upset at me for saying that all bisexuals aren't like that for calling her comment where she said if she was lesbian or straight she wouldn't date bisexuals biphobic and told me because she's bisexual she gets a pass .
What do you guys think is this true that bisexuals can't do monogamy and that their attractions will shift ?Catmilk

I think I know which thread you're referring to. Some time ago I made a point of it to avoid bisexuality threads because they tend to turn into intractable disputes between different parties talking past one another, passions get flared and it ends up right back where it started. It seems as if there's five new bi threads a week over there. I get the feeling this one is more of the same. I wish people would just give it a rest already.

Miles Wrote:I think I know which thread you're referring to. Some time ago I made a point of it to avoid bisexuality threads because they tend to turn into intractable disputes between different parties talking past one another, passions get flared and it ends up right back where it started. It seems as if there's five new bi threads a week over there. I get the feeling this one is more of the same. I wish people would just give it a rest already.

What really made me upset is they started telling me to know my place because I'm not bi,
So bisexual threads tend to turn into this ? that explains why their aren't many of them on the site . Catmilk

Miles is absolutely right: bi-threads become disasters.

I try to avoid them. Just as I now bow out of this one.

Yeah, it seems like there's 10 new threads about it every other day (over there, not here) and they all turn to shit. I just don't get how people have the energy to argue about things they'll never ever change anyone's mind on.

The main reason I came to this site is because I grew sick and tire of the flame wars, name callings, and such with another site geared towards gay males jocks!? some of you know what I am referring about I am sure! I personally was involved with a bisexual man for a few years, and he was just as capable of love as being monogamous with me while it lasted! I sure hope the active users of this site ignore post such as this to discourage the consequences, and the disruption of harmony I have being enjoying thus far on this site. I also hope the administrator of this site delete this kind of threads, I really do!!

I didn't start this thread for a fight or a flare war but if you guys want to delete i feel free now I know why their aren't so many bi threads not just on this site but others .Catmilk

I feel that bisexuals can be monogamous just as easily as everyone else. We can love someone enough not to cheat on them. If I'm with a woman, yes I would still find men attractive, but I would still love the woman and want to be with her and her alone. I feel its the same with all couples. We all are in relationships and we can all be tempted at one point or another to cheat.

Bisexuals. Gays. Blacks. Muslims. Asians. Christians. Jews. Mexicans. ... any group of people you paint with a broad brush stereotyping them all based on the observations of a few individuals is extremely narrow minded.

Borg69 Wrote:Bisexuals. Gays. Blacks. Muslims. Asians. Christians. Jews. Mexicans. ... any group of people you paint with a broad brush stereotyping them all based on the observations of a few individuals is extremely narrow minded.

Very true.

Oh, and there's no reason that bisexuals can't be monogamous if they choose to.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!