Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A brief history of Agony Aunts
LONDONER Wrote:It’s strange how the mind works. I started this thread because my mind was processing several things at the same time. I red the article on Agony Aunts and I remembered one of the famous British ones; Marjorie Proops who was once interviewed on the BBC in a programme called “Desert Island Discs” in which she had to choose the recordings that she would take with her if she were marooned on a desert island. Her last recording was the famous “Letter Scene” from Tchaikovsky’s “Eugene Onegin“.

The aria proper begins at 1.54.

You really have to know about the opera to understand the context and if you’re interested you can read it here:

http://classicalmusic.about.com/od/opera...nopsis.htm

Thanks Londoner, actually reminds me that I sang and danced in Eugene Oneguine some time ago, which I really enjoyed even if the Russian was difficult to pronounce.

jaxc Wrote:Dear misterTinkles.
I have this strange sore lump on the sole of my foot that has a strange green pulsating color to it and I'm not sure it were it came form ( I made extra sure the uranium I bought off of ebay was only 20% pure so I no it's not that) how should I go about diagnosing it and treating it?
-Seth
p.s. what should I also do if I hate everyone and want to see the world engulfed in a raging inferno, but don't feel like getting out of bed to make it happen?

Dear Jaxc:

There are these people who go to school to learn how the body works and how to repair it. They are called "Doctors". You might research this field and go talk to one.

As far as uranium goes, I wouldn't sleep with it at the foot of the bed anymore. It might keep your feet warm, but it can get a bit annoying at times.

Don't worry about engulfing the world in fire and killing all humans.......there are these people called "Politicians" who are doing that for you. Granted they are taking it a lot slower than you might, but they are still working on destroying the world and the life on it.

Sincerely,
Mister Tinkles

FuzzHerz

princealbertofb Wrote:Thanks Londoner, actually reminds me that I sang and danced in Eugene Oneguine some time ago, which I really enjoyed even if the Russian was difficult to pronounce.

The ballet in ther middle of the opera is very strange but it was the custom in those days. Heavens knows why, it really breaks up the narrative.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams