Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A budding something...
So this is gonna be a long thread,updating about my well being and journey and what I've found about myself so far and what I got from them.

I let out my inner slut. I lost my virginity to a stranger. I didn't regret it,cause it maybe wasn't beautiful,but I definitely learnt more with each encounter. I had my short promiscuity phase for a month or so. It was fun,exciting,a little bit dangerous,and some were disappointing,but each of them was a new discovery of myself. And after the last guy,I decided to no longer engage in casual sex cause it wasn't for me. I still haven't experimented fully with my sexuality,but I've decided to experiment the rest with my significant other. I also made friends with few of my hook ups,they were the good ones of course,so all wasn't so bad~ Wink

After I ended my promiscuity phase,I updated my online profile, looking for more connection and chemistry with another guy,be it friendship or relationship or whatever,just not hook up. On the 12th day,a guy contacted me on Growlr (dating app for bears and the likes). His profile was pretty much blank,but he did send me a cute picture of him,which of course compelled me to response to him. Well,we had a great chat that night,and I felt this chemistry and connection that I've been seeking in another guy. We have one thing in common as starter,which is photography. But he said he was after a friendship,so friendship was what I accepted.

The next day we chat again the whole day. I got to know him more as a person,and can't believe how much we have in common! Our taste for music,our passion in travel and photography,the values in life that we share. So I flirted a bit with him,and he flirted back,haha. Then he asked me if I have a girlfriend,which I answered,"I am gay,I don't do gf". I asked if he has gf/bf,and he said no. So well,we're pretty much single. I asked if he would like to have a video call session,and he accepted. We skyped that night,and it was lovely. He was such a shy guy,and so was I,we couldn't stop being blushed seeing each other,haha. Apparently it was his first time skyping with another guy,and he himself was puzzled as for why he accepted. He even downloaded and registered a new account for Skype just to have a video call with me,which I think showed how much he's interested in me.

On the third day,we talked again. This time I tried to dig if he's interested in meeting up,or if he's just another time waster. I asked if he had any partner before and he said he didn't. In fact,he never even met a guy from this online dating app. Too shy,scared,and various other reasons,he said. While that was kind of a red flag for me as I'm afraid that he might be a time waster,but I proposed something else to him. I said that,since we're not close to each other (he lives about 320km/200miles away from where I live,but 182km/113miles from where I study), why don't we take our time into getting to know each other better and when he's comfortable enough for a meet up,then we'll arrange it. He was very into it. And he said that he does want to meet me one day. That kind of relieved me a bit. Then he asked if I'm seeing other people,to which I'm not,and he's also not.

So we became exclusive in 3 days! Was that fast? Maybe,but it felt right to me. And I really really can't date 2 people at the same time,emotional attachment is something bigger to me,unlike sexual encounter. Well,just because we're exclusive,does that make us dating each other? No idea. We're definitely far off from being in a relationship yet. I just know that I want to go with the flow and see how things go with him. Even if he one day refuses to meet me,I'll take it as a lesson and know better the next time. As someone else said in this forum,"relationship is a good thing to experience no matter what form it is",or so I think his words,haha.

So,yeah,to sum it up,this is a budding something,I don't know what it's gonna be or whether it's gonna work at all. I am an over thinker,I can think of thousands of reasons that could make whatever we might have fall apart. For example,I am afraid to talk about more serious issues such as religion,being in the closet,and so on. I don't know if I want to have any conflict with him even before meeting him. Cause it would be hard to make up with him since we're far from each other. Someday,this honeymoon period will end. But it's not today at the very least,so I'll enjoy this moment for now. Any advice on this matter would be so helpful,especially from those who started a long distance relationship virtually (wink to Gideon and TwistTheLeaf :p). Hope I didn't bore you guys with my self-centered thread. Smile

Wow! Congratulations on your move Smile no you're not boring at all, I like your stories :tongue:
Mmm as for advice I could tell you not to give all your hopes into him. As far as I know, long-distance relationships are quite not easy, so if it doesn't work in the end, don't be too disappointed Smile
Remember, just like what happened with me today, you can still wait for love until it comes to your life.
And as I always say: you can't force love, you can't fight it, all you have to do it to embrace it when it comes.

Best wishes Smile

Lovely story, thank you. I've never been in a LDR, so no advice on that front. Keep us updated on how it works out, though. Smile

Will: I'm happy to hear this, and also happy that you seem to have a really sensible attitude about it. Enjoy it and go with the flow, you never know how things will work out, and it's worth the risk. I hate it when people refuse to take a risk because they might end up getting hurt. You can miss so much that way.

All the best, and keep us posted!

AdamAndWill Wrote:Will: I'm happy to hear this, and also happy that you seem to have a really sensible attitude about it. Enjoy it and go with the flow, you never know how things will work out, and it's worth the risk. I hate it when people refuse to take a risk because they might end up getting hurt. You can miss so much that way.

All the best, and keep us posted!

Honestly I'm so scared of getting hurt. As this is a virtual thing at the moment,everything is pretty uncertain. I'm also scared that I'll be one of those people that are scared to get back to dating after being hurt,cause I've met few of them during my hook ups period and I could see they are good people worth dating with,but they're not emotionally available anymore cause they were hurt before,I wonder if it's gonna happen to me. Still,I don't care,I still wanna experience life,so if pain is gonna come along the way,so be it.

My very best wishes for this friendship! Luvlove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I'm guessing that by "time waster" you mean the guys out there that talk to you for a few days then disappear?

This guy doesn't sound like that. I wouldn't classify him as that, as from what you've written, he does sound sincere. There are lots of reasons why someone would hold back from meeting in person so early in getting to know someone.

Safety is at the top of the list. But, there are other reasons such as shyness. Fear of rejection. Not to mention if there is any sort of past trauma (such as was my case) that could make an in-person meeting a HUGE leap of faith even once they've gotten to know you.

It sounds like the two of you are off to a good start. In Gideon and my relationship, I would be the roll of your friend. I was very skittish. And in truth? Gideon took the lead in how things progressed, while I held hard and fast to a couple of boundaries that helped me feel safe and secure.

Slow and steady wins the race, yeah?
This is my advice.

Don't rush him. If you push him, make sure you do it in small nudges, not hard shoves. Make sure you are open with him at all times about your feelings, and how things make you feel. When you are open about -bad- feelings (which will happen now and then, as everyone trips over their own feet), make sure you take care in how you present them so that you are fostering understanding and not making him feel attacked.

Foster communication between the two of you.

Once he feels you are more solid online, it will be easier for him to reach beyond that. But it's going to take patience yeah? If you are impatient, he'll fee it, even if you're trying to hide it from him. It could freak him out.

I'm sure Gideon has a lot more advice. As I said, he sort of took the lead between the two of us, yeah?

Hey man. Twist's advice is good, take it slow, be patient. Getting to know someone in a vt setting can be a slow process, but it can also let you get to know a person on a whole new depth that you don't really have face to face. There is no actual -physical- contact, so you're missing that and to fill the gap you find other ways to make yourselves "feel" closer. You talk more, you share more...

Hell I think I've learned more about Twist via vt conversations than I've learned about people in rt simply because words are the only real connection you have this way. It's harder in some aspects, and maybe easier in others.

Safety is a key factor, he probably needs to feel safe with you and with himself before he takes that step, so give him time and spend the time you have online enjoying what you can. Take what you can get and my advice is....don't push him, don't rush him. You might very well scare him off if you try.

Oh and absolutely do -not- use the words time waster with him, hm? Even if this is all you ever get, even if it's all you ever have? It might just be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Good luck, man.

Great News Alfred!!!!

Nothing boring about it!

Sounds awesome!

The way he acts, in your story, makes it sound like he's still in the closet. That could become a problem or you could be the reason he decides to come out. Either way, I think you should be prepared for that, in the sense that it didn't come entirely unexpected if he suddenly decides he wants to pretend to be straight for the rest of his life or until everybody who knows him have died.
I don't want you to get hurt either... hence the above.

Good luck and keep us updated, this is exciting!