Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A budding something...
Woah mamza I'm so happy for you... REALLY am you remember us talking privately and now I see that what I told you did sink in. Congrat buddy, my sincere congratulation I'm very very happy for you Smile

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:...In Gideon and my relationship, I would be the roll of your friend. I was very skittish. And in truth? Gideon took the lead in how things progressed, while I held hard and fast to a couple of boundaries that helped me feel safe and secure.

I really really never imagine that I would be in Gideon's role in any relationship,but things sort of happened that way,hopefully I am able to lead him and making him feel safe and secure with me,patiently.

Gideon Wrote:Hell I think I've learned more about Twist via vt conversations than I've learned about people in rt simply because words are the only real connection you have this way. It's harder in some aspects, and maybe easier in others.

It actually struck me too that this setting is very ideal for the both of us. We're too shy for each others' sake to have a decent conversation if we happen to meet in real life first instead. Although lots of things are lost via text,but we do Skype to make that up,and now we are missing our Skype session which we haven't had for 2 days for some reason. It feels like a Skype session is trivial had we met in person,but we didn't,so we appreciate it more than anything else at the moment. Can't wait to video call him tomorrow! Mushy

Thank you both for the great advice!

Cuddly Wrote:Sounds awesome!

The way he acts, in your story, makes it sound like he's still in the closet. That could become a problem or you could be the reason he decides to come out. Either way, I think you should be prepared for that, in the sense that it didn't come entirely unexpected if he suddenly decides he wants to pretend to be straight for the rest of his life or until everybody who knows him have died.
I don't want you to get hurt either... hence the above.

Good luck and keep us updated, this is exciting!

I believe so too. But this is a homophobic country,so I won't be surprised even if he's still in the closet. Heck,I myself am still partially in the closet. I understand where he came from very well with our similar background,so there's always gonna be that possibility that he'll choose to pretend to be straight eventually,as so am I,although I most certainly won't. Thanks for the concern,and of course if there's any progress,I will update in GS~ Smile

Jake Wrote:Woah mamza I'm so happy for you... REALLY am you remember us talking privately and now I see that what I told you did sink in. Congrat buddy, my sincere congratulation I'm very very happy for you Smile

Thanks Jake! Yeah,I guess it did sink in because I can't even remember which part you're referring to but apparently it is in my post,haha. :p

Well Mamza, you are still welcome in our mansion, bring your dude with you this time LOL Smile I'll glady pay for your plane tickets Smile For both of you so you get to meet one another. I'll let you sleep in the pool house lol the only one that goes there is Alex who does his skinny dipping every morning... watch but don't touch hahahahahaha

Congratulations to you and I hope you have a great outcome. I have no experience in long distance relationships so I have no advice but truthfully you are already doing the things I would advise which is taking a chance...accepting that things will unfold as they will...understanding there is always a risk in opening yourself up and accepting that risk....

So the only thing I will add...enjoy your journey! I wish you both the best!