Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A curious incident with GaySpeak
This afternoon I tried to log in and for some odd reason GS refused to accept my password. Thinking that I might have been wrong I tried to recover it. To recover a password one has to enter your e-mail address and then answer a random question. In this instance the question was: If you were born in 1984, how old would you be on your birthday in 2010? I answered 26 and much to my considerable surprise I was told that my answer was incorrect! I gave up after a while, tried to log in again and this time my password was accepted! What's going on GS?

Haven't a clue what happened there then, I just have my browser remember the password so I don't have to (even though I always remember them). Smile

Hi Chas: I really do remember my password and I have no idea why GS wouldn't accept it. As to why it wouldn't accept 26 as the answer to the random question, that is even more mysterious.

Caps lock was on?

Yes Beau, because both my login and password are in upper case. But when I answered "26" I also tried "twenty six" also both in lower and upper case with still the same result. I asked Andy and he suggested that I had left a space too many but that wasn't the case either. In the end I just tried to log in again and this time it accepted my password as I had originally typed in!

The mysteries of why things work or don't work... someone's probably working on it, but it could just be browsers being obstreperous....

I've only issues loading the site