Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A difficult feeling to overcome
It 's just a confession of me to make myself feel better.
So I know this one gay guy (bi to be exact with ) for almost 7 months already. We have been always friends. I had a little crush on him when we first met. However, I just let it go and we have always been friends.
The problem is recently, I feel like I am jealous when I see he is interested in an other person. And that other person is my straight and attractive roommate (I think so, I asked). My roommate is awesome He has everything a guy can dream of but he is straight so luckily, I have never fell for him.

So the gay guy (let call him Thom) met my roommate in a party that I invited my roommate to ( lol big mistake ). Since then, he stick up to my roommate and they played the best friends game (even they just met for 1 month lol ).
Anyway, that wouldn't be a big deal if I don't feel so jealous about that. So last week, when my roommate was not home for the whole week, I invited Thom over to hang out but he made excuse that he was busy with studying for a test of a job. Yesterday, when I was out, Thom came over to my house to hang out with my roommate even though he had the test still. (it s a series of tests that last for 2 weeks). I was like "uhmmm so I am not worth to hang out with".

I think part of the problem is I messed around with Thom last week also. It was when we were both bored so I just came to sleep over at his house. From sleeping over, it turned in to making out and jacking off. But we all acted cool about that ( at least for Thom since I was the 3rd person he did that with in a week ). I acted cool about that too and I have no expectation nor think that anything else would happen between us. However, I am not the type of person who can be emotionless when thing like that happens. I resist to have any feeling for Thom because I disgusted the way he can sleep with 3 people in a row and act like a cold-heart animal about that.

Hence, there is no reason for me to feel jealous about my roommate and Thom. It 's not because I am lonely. Recently, I made a lot of new good friends and I was out like every night for social. I am not bored or depressed either, I have work to do keeping me busy.

Then why do I feel so jealous and difficult about Thom and my roommate?

It happens. It's just...well, it's like that sometimes. But it will go away, don't worry, just try not to notice too much and to stay focused on your life more till it passes. :]

We all get feelings we know we shouldn't from time to time that perhaps seem irrational to us... lust, doubt, envy, etc. The good news is that you recognize this and thus will be able to keep these feelings from taking control; you can stay in control. To see someone you both had a crush on and are protective of as a friend, hang out with someone who is really casual, a bit of jealousy combined with not wanting to see your friend get hurt. It doesn't make you a bad person; it just makes you human. All you can really do is not beat yourself up about it and remind yourself that you can't control others... if they want to hang, it is their choices and up to your roommate to figure out if this is a guy he can trust or not.

Hello there,
I think what the p[roblem is inside you are seeing your room mate as a threat towards your relation with this guy.. Your worried inside that he shall drift off with your room mate and your left in the dark... I wouldnt say its jelousy i think its more of a protective thing not only towards your mate but also towards your room mate.. Allow them two to battle it out and if he is out to get burnt he will give ti time and ya friendship will continue to grow Smile

I think you guys are really right.
It 's a mix feeling of
1. I am jealous that the guy will be close friend with my roommate and I like the guy
2. I know the guy is not a good influence and I want to protect my roommate ( who is my friend also ).
3. I may have a little bit feeling for my roommate but I just resist and ignore it for the shake of good.
So seeing 2 people that I both like getting closer is a little bit hard to handle. Especially when it 's in my house lol.